SEVERE UNDO BUG BACK AAAArrrgggghhhh!!!

Hi,

Just as I thought it was safe to use Cubasis I start making one of the coolest IOS tracks yet using Alchemy, Beatmaker2, iMini, Djay & Audiobus…

2 hrs in I have laid down 8 or so tracks of midi and 3 or 4 audio.

I swapped Alchemy for Djay to record a percussion loop I had going. I recorded it in and started to edit the audio to align the loop with the rest of the project.

I took magnetic grid from 16 to off to finely adjust the sync and put lock back on to tweak again and extended the length of the audio clip to the start of the bar and made a mistake so I pressed UNDO and oh dear Cubasis cannot find my project!!! :smiling_imp:

I thought to myself wow thank The Lord I took some snap shots…I then preceded to load one of my snapshots and to my :imp: despair these too were EMPTY…EVERYTHING HAD GONE ALL THE MIDI AND AUDIO…2hrs work GONE :open_mouth:

What is going on Steinberg…this is the first time I have used the app in ages and for 2hrs I started to become really engaged in this app and was really enjoying the vibes and…BOOM… :imp:

Please fix this AGAIN…I cannot use this now until the next fix and £35 for an app I dare not use is very disappointing indeed.

:open_mouth:

As a work around I am exporting my project to Dropbox…fingers crossed that works as it should until the patch…

Well Dropbox sometimes kinda works…

At first I imported my files and they crashed Cubasis ? Some files say they were modified back in the 80’s ???(see pic)

Anyhow I managed to salvage some midi info from the wreckage and have now got it working and importing projects from Dropbox but for some reason it does not restore my audio file it is just a blank region and the audio file is still sat in the media bay ?

Any ideas anyone ?

same thing just happened to me, effing raging, i think it may be time to dump cubasis, and go back to trusty old garageband or multitrack, its a pity tho. i have been tempted by auria but im reluctant to spend another $50 on an app.

Hi,

I am sorry that you are having issues. However, we are having trouble reproducing them here. You could help us if you provide us with the following information:

• Was the audio editor open when you tapped undo?
  • Was this the first time you used undo in the project?
  • Has the original project been created with a version before 1.2 (if so, what version has been used)?
  • How many audio tracks are used in the project?
  • How many audio files are used in the project?
  • Were all the audio files recorded or did you imported some or all from existing audio files from the Mediabay?
  • Did you use the audio editor a lot in the project? Did you use it for all the different audio files?

Kind regards,
Frieder

Hi,

See below…

• Was the audio editor open when you tapped undo? - No
  • Was this the first time you used undo in the project? - Possibly but not 100% sure…
  • Has the original project been created with a version before 1.2 (if so, what version has been used)? - No
  • How many audio tracks are used in the project? - 4 Audio Tracks (2,3&5 had no Audio just setup for the Audiobus apps that were connected Alchemy/Beatmaker2/iMini) track 10 was the offender which was created by swapping one of the Audiobus apps to record Djay which had been tempo matched.
  • How many audio files are used in the project? - Just one recording pass done via Audiobus from Djay.
  • Were all the audio files recorded or did you imported some or all from existing audio files from the Mediabay? - Just the 1 recording via Audiobus from Djay.
  • Did you use the audio editor a lot in the project? - No it was mainly fine adjustments using the track zoom and the snap to grid on and off to allign the sample by adjusting the start of it to find the start as it was a 2 bar loop. I may have used the editor at some point possible to trim the start of the sample which may have been at the end before the undo, not 100% though.
  • Did you use it for all the different audio files? I may have used the editor but only on the 1 file.

It was literally minutes from when I recorded the first section ( well the only section) of audio to when I had started editing and I made an incorrect adjustment and bang all was lost even the snapshots when I pressed the undo.

Good luck !

Hello,

could you check whether the filenames of your audio or your project contained any umlauts? We identified them as one cause of the issues.

Kind regards,
Frieder

The Project names can be seen in the image in post 3 of this thread…

The Audio filename has an underscore in the initial default name immediately after recording eg: djay_01 but no umlauts to my knowledge.