MidiGuitar software - by JamOrigion

In 30 years of computer use from my VIC 20, Commodore 64, Apple IIe, PC XT…software has always been very intuitive for me. I’ve gotten so accustomed to just jumping in, that learning how to use it to get a result rarely fit the net ending. All of that Microsoft stuff, Quickbooks, etc . Just never read anything… Just seems to work fine.

Then I discovered Cubase SX 2.0 and have struggled since. It is so flexible and uses some things very different from the data entry type stuff. Even my outdoor stuff, welding stuff, tractors, wiring, motorcycle restorations…not much reading of instructions there either.

Add all of this new fangled electronic music gear and the well formed habit of not reading anything…translates to …doom! I just added a newer midi interface to the PC and just read that the USB switch does something, even though it is just a larger version of my old midi interface with that same USB switch…never read that old manual either. Yes, I realize I’ll never get it right unless I take the time learn it , it’s just so cool to see it doing something, I gladly just press the next button