MidiGuitar software - by JamOrigion

Okay.

The Fishman Triple Play is here. I’ve installed the controller and pickup on the beater strat. It would not have fit my Ibanez RG. It took less than a half hour to get it installed physically on the guitar, and to adjust the pickup height.

I’m off now to register this bad boy and download all of the software for it, since none of the software is included in the box. There is, however, a very nice 9 foot USB to micro-B cable included.

Update: 11 GB of file downloads lie ahead!

Okay, first, you open the box (or browse the colorful packaging like a child in a confectioner’s shop).

Second, you remove the plastic tray(s) that hold(s) everything. There are a few pieces of lit (warranty [1 year P&L] pamphlet, “In A Hurry” card, an exceptionally sparse installation card, and an intro guide), a bag of hardware mounting plates, power supply, 9 foot USB to micro-B cable, string spacing gauge & tiny screwdriver, and some pickup spacer mounts. The Triple Play controller and pickup, along with the receiver, are sandwiched between two thin plastic molded pieces.

There is also a product registration card, but it’s like a credit card. You have to scratch off (and sniff?) the code you’ll need to register at the Fishman website to get all of this nifty software. One might presume that this also constitutes a complete product registration for warranty purposes, as well.

You can install the magnet ring, which fastens the controller unit to the guitar body, on either one of the included metal supports (these easily attach under the end pin of your guitar without even removed the pin), or directly to the guitar finish. I’m guessing you will choose the end pin install option, as I did. Once the magnet ring is installed, the controller and pickup combo can be very easily removed from the axe. The pickup slides off, and the controller just sort of pops off - the magnets are just the right strength to avoid snagging.

The software suite is impressive: Presonus Studio Artists ver 2 (3.2 GB Win - 3.6 GB Mac), Notion Progression (1.5 GB), Komplete Elements (4.5 GB) and SampleTank XT (1.5 GB Win - 1.4 GB Mac), plus the Triple Play software (30 MB Win - 70 GB Mac) itself.

Update #2: These downloads are ISO files, so you will also need software to either read these, or you will need to burn them to DVD.

Update #3: Since I never use this guitar for anything else, I’ve decided to adjust the saddle height for optimum pickup spacing for the MIDI pickup. Burning DVDs now also.