Yamaha Motif Rack Set Up

I know this sounds very basic but I have a Motif Rack and I can’t set it up in the Midi Device Manager. I seem to remember it being listed in the install device menu but I don’t see it. Can anyone please help?
Thanks
Richie

I’m sorry I forgot to mention that I am using Cubase 6.5. As I said I used to have this Motif set up as a midi device. I think on my last upgrade or maybe when I changes out the PC, I lost the template. I cannot get my Yamaha Motif Rack to access it’s sound banks in my Cubase project. Previously I had an file that added the devise to my midi devices. But know I’m stuck.
Thanks
Richie

IT IS in the ‘Install device’ button list, at least on 6.5.4. There are even three Motif Rack related items : check again…

Otherwise, and in the case that ‘Yamaha MOTIF-RACK (Yamaha)’ / ‘Yamaha MOTIF-RACK ES (Yamaha)’ / ‘Yamaha MOTIF-RACK XS (Yamaha)’ are all truely missing, and that you can’t retrieve your previous device definition file, you are either for :

• choosing one as close as it and edit it as needed,

or

• defining a new one : a tedious task but doable. Choose ‘Define new…’ in the list, set the correct parameters in the ‘Create new MIDI device…’ window and use the ‘Device’ and ‘Patch banks’ panes to set everything as you have it on your gear. In the ‘Patch banks’ one, don’t forget to tick on the ‘Enable edit’ box.

Thanks for the response. Anyway in 6.5.4 I see a device labeled MU 50 and an MU80. I thought I remembered seeing an actual Motif Device. I enabled it and it seems to work reasonably. But I do not see the actual Motif Device listed. Maybe I lost it in the last update. Can anyone post the patch?
Thanks

You might also try asking at http://www.motifator.com/ .

Thanks for your help. I retrieved the device file from the scripts folder>inactive. Then dragged it into my application. Duuuuuuhhhhh… I saw the file a few days ago I just forgot how it appears in the “Midi Device Manager” list. I got it now. Thanks again…
All good
Richie