Android version - coming soon!

Been following this for a while - thanks Steinberg, looking forward to it.

Re the Android / Apple debate - I don’t like the restrictive Apple business model and I don’t like the Apple price model; I have Android tab and 'phone and so far as the the hardware goes I consider them to be both better and better value than their “i” counterparts. BUT - there is a hell of a lot of software and media out there that I could be using on an ipad mini that I can’t on my Nexus. Now I suppose this may change over the next year or so, and Sonoma has announced low-latency drivers for Android which may (or not) make a difference in music production apps, but if I was a mobile app developer in the music or publishing space, today, I’d fight down the bile and code for ios first and Android second. What makes this worse is that the model becomes self-fulfilling - I recently looked at a guitar magazine sub - in the ios app you get audio and video embedded and active tabulature that you can play. In the Android version you get non-scaling pages that blur if you try to zoom to read the notes on the tab or staves and NO access to the audio or video at all. Oddly enough, this publisher apparently finds little take-up in the Android marketplace which proves that they were right to concentrate on the ios market! FFS! I’ve even considered buying a ipad mini just because it would run useful software and I could do useful stuff with it - and that’s clearly a ridiculous basis for choosing an operating system.

Also bear in mind that app developers make money because they can typically make a few cents on a LOT of sales - Steinberg’s target universe for ic Pro is by definition restricted, it costs money to produce and support and be sure that we will all moan like fury if it doesn’t work on our specific flavour of hardware. Oh - and I’ve managed to use Cubase since SX(1) without ic so it’s not like I can’t live without it - I just want another toy.

End of the day, thanks to Steinberg for getting round to this.