Latency Questions for MOTU 896HD

Hey,

No, I am not referring to settings but rather the difference between ASIO input/output buffers provided by the driver. I’m not an expert on these things either, but all logical indications point to that outgoing audio will only encounter the output buffer and not the input, as an incoming audio signal would. This is a big deal, cause the input buffer accounts for approximately half of your ASIO latency.

Well in this case there are several different external factors on the hardware side especially, for instance the internal buffers and related safeguards that the interface has. As such, Cubase could obviously not account for these factors, but only for the strain being placed on your systems resources. Moreover, certain interfaces will allow you to push things a bit farther than others, though depending on your setup, this can go too far…

All in all, it defintely wouldnt hurt for you to try out different latency settings and see how far you can push it. I would guess you could get pretty darn low on a system like yours, with MOTU’s driver stability and performance also being above average, maybe you can achieve stability at an exceptionally low buffer size. Please let me know how it goes for you. :wink: