Latency Questions for MOTU 896HD

Steve,
Thanks… I think you might have solved it but I will solidly check tomorrow. I have a dimmer ! It is always set to low as these two overhead lamps are just over my work space desk and while 75W bulbs incandescent, I probably have them at 25W? It keeps the glare down and adds a softer feel to the “studio” We have 200 amp service and the breakers are as described. I never thought that the dimmer would do that but you’re right. Completely skipped my thought process and you are 3000 miles away and probably hit it first try!

I have DISCOVERED…that one of the complaints I have read about regarding Cubase, that I never saw or fully understood, is NOW starting to show up on occasion in my system as I begin to really add many more tracks and VST’s than ever before. Nothing major and as intolerable as some have said in their posts. My mixer never had any issues. Tonight the font was so small on the bottom half, there was no way to make it out. Like the warning label on an aspirin bottle. A simple toggle restored it though.

OK, so why would the latency change by going to 96kHz?