--- Example 1: my VST instruments ---
1. I would like to create my OWN folders, my structure would be like:
- My favorites (Kontakt, Geist, BFD2, Diva) without any folder around it
- Drums (Attack, Groove Agent One, Battery)
- Bread & Butter (M1, Halion Sonic)
- First class synthesizers (Largo, Modular V, Retrologue)
- Other synthesizers (Padshop, Massive, Absynth, FM8, etc...)
- Experimental (Reaktor, Mystic, Spector, etc...)
- Old skool (all the VST classics stuff, PPG Wave 2V)
- Tools (ReViSiT)
2. I would like to have some groups open all the time, with configuration or "save folder expansion status"
3. I want presets for VSTis with regards to the output channels - for example I ALWAYS want Kontakt to have 8 stereo output channels right from the beginning, so there should be a default configuration as well
4. Seriously, the folder structure you can see in the screenshot makes no sense at all... why THREE (!!!) groups for the same thing (Steinberg classic VSTis, which I like to play around with a lot)? What is the point here? To clutter up the list?
Also, why is "Halion Sonic SE" in Synths (it's not really a synth for me, I use it for bread and butter sounds) but not the Diva, which totally IS a synth?
5. Why is "Groove Agend ONE" actually called "Drum - Groove Agent ONE"? And not in a folder "Drums"? This is hard to read, clutters up more and makes no sense to me.
6. A folder called "VSTPlugins 64 bit" with only NI - stuff in it? Are you kidding me? Are you serious, Steinberg? You really think that your automatic folder structure system makes ANY sense at all?
Please, give me a break. And don't even BOTHER telling me that this makes ANY sense at all, this is just plain pointless what you created (the automatic folder system) there.
Its incredibly annoying to have to open a pointless folder called "VSTPlugins 64 bit" to get to one of my most important tools which would not belong there, while at the same time the "Groove Agent ONE" I almost never use is on top of the list.
And yes, I KNOW that I can sort VST2s myself, but... seriously? And this would not solve the "Synth folder problem" where Steinberg put all their cutting edge synthesizers, because they are VST3.
--- Example 2: Track inserts ---
This is where I REALLY get angry, this is just retarded, really. Even more so than the VSTi list. All the points stated there apply here as well, but have a look at this:
1. I DO NOT WANT (!!) reverb plugins visible all the time for normal channels, only on FX channels. On normal channels I only want them in a folder, for FX channels in the favorites (without any folder around it).
Is that so hard to grasp for a product management guy? Really?
Same applies for "mastering" or "subtle colouring" plugins which I usually only want in the master bus, and only seldomly anywhere else. So please, different sets of folders for different types of channels. Thank you.
2. beydynamic V5 and TB_Isone are only (!!!) for output channels. PLEASE!!
3. Why do I have to bother with mono plugins on a stereo channel?
4. Why do I have to bother with my favorite channel strip (SSL) in a folder called "Other"? Yes, I DO KNOW (!!!) that SSL did this, but why am I forced to accept the mistake they made and am I not allowed to correct it myself.
I would absolutely want this plugin, matching the mono or stereo configuration of course, on top of my plugin list all the time. I love it, I want it and I use it all the time.
So, yes, we need the ability to sort the folder entries as well in the plugin manager.
It is so retarded that I have to click like an idiot before I get there.
Product managers, you get a 5 (Austria), a 6 (Germany) or an F (USA) for this from me. Really.
5. The usual Waves - Package - mess. So many plugins, so little use for many of them most of the time.
And so many pointless configurations most of the time. Mono plugins, stereo plugins, PLEASE!!
Chris, The Navigator... Keyboards, songwriting, CTO and aspiring coproducer for Visions of Atlantis
PC watercooling and overclocking afficionado.
Main device: Cubase 8.0 64 bit on Windows 8.1 (4930k @ 4.1 GHz, 32 GB of RAM, 3 SSDs), Halion 5, Padshop Pro, RME Hammerfall DSP + Multiface, Avid Artist Control V2, Roland A88, AKG K701 headphones, lots of other nice stuff
Mobile cutlery: iPad Air Retina, Cubasis (always the latest version), Audio Bus 2, Focusrite iTrack Dock, one or the other cheap USB MIDI keyboards
Favorite synthesizers: u-he DIVA, Padshop Pro, Halion 5
"Storms can't kill the faith in rainbows"