Printing issue and pdf export - audio cd report

i’m having trouble when i try to print the audio cd report of an audio montage in WL8. i click on generate audio cd report, choose printer and click on apply/ok and nothing happens. i have selected a printer in the osx settings and the very same procedure works without any problem in WL7.

another thing which i find a bit strange: when i choose adobe pdf (instead of printer) as format to export an audio cd report, it will export a pdf file which is readable and working fine so far but you can’t copy the text from that generated pdf. is it a bug or is that on purpose? well, i can’t really figure out why that should be on purpose though…

anyone experiencing the same problems?

i’m having trouble when i try to print the audio cd report of an audio montage in WL8. i click on generate audio cd report, choose printer and click on apply/ok and nothing happens. i have selected a printer in the osx settings and the very same procedure works without any problem in WL7.

This is a bug and this will be corrected in 8.0.2

another thing which i find a bit strange: when i choose adobe pdf (instead of printer) as format to export an audio cd report, it will export a pdf file which is readable and working fine so far but you can’t copy the text from that generated pdf. is it a bug or is that on purpose? well, i can’t really figure out why that should be on purpose though…

No problem here, opening the PDF from Adobe Acrobat.

thanks for your quick reply, philippe.

well, i also can open the pdf files here, that’s not the problem, but why it is not possible to copy the text from
that pdf file i’ve just generated? i can’t select the text to copy it, can you?

It works here with Acrobat:
2013-05-29_16-21-29.png

that’s really strange. i tried it here on my mac with preview and adobe reader, both didn’t work for me…
i also tried it on a pc with adobe reader and i either can’t select or copy the text of the same pdf.
any idea why this would happen? when i check the file settings of the pdf it’s definitely allowed to copy
text (as i can see it there). so i guess no security issue.

attached you’ll find a test pdf i’ve exported with WL8. can you select the text or even copy it?
WL8 PDF Test.pdf (114 KB)

Just gave it a try here, and I can’t select text either. Which is strange since the document security info does say “Content copying: Allowed”, and commenting tools are all available - but don’t work. Will give pdf creation a try from here later on…
Restrictions.png

yes, strange indeed… well, i just opened the very same test project in WL7 for a check, generated a pdf again (below) and actually it is the same problem, can’t copy the text there either. so it’s actually not a WL8 problem only, i guess.
WL7 PDF Test.pdf (158 KB)

Hi,

Yes strange but in the meantime create a HTML or raw text
it’s works to copy from

regards S-EH

sure, thanks for the hint. i know that this works but apparently the text formatting is just
different and the pdf works better for me. in WL7 i used to select printer and then export
the cd report as pdf in the upcoming menu. the pdf’s created from there were able to be
copied. right now it just doesn’t work with WL8 and choosing the printer (will be fixed in
8.0.2 as philippe mentioned earlier)…

i know there are bigger issues but i just thought it’s worth to mention (as it’s part of my
workflow)… :wink:

alright, so it has been fixed in 8.0.2. that i can use the “print” option for audio cd report again, so i could generate a pdf file which allows me to copy the text from it. so in this matter everything’s ok again… :wink:

but i still don’t understand though, why it won’t work when i directly export the audio cd report as pdf file (without going through “print”), as it doesn’t allow me to copy the text from the pdf (although it seems permissions of the pdf are set correctly). i mean it’s still not such a big issue, but i just don’t get it why this happens…

anyway, thanks to philippe for fixing the print issue :wink: