Want to learn MIDI?

I’m guessing that the feel of the drum heads is good enough? I saw a few off brand kits around $350 or so and then a few well known lower end kits for about $750. I have no experience with these as my only owned drum kit was a set of Gretsch drums with zildjian cymbals, hi-hat and ride cymbals. Had a chrome snare drum if I remember but sold it all in 1992 or so after having it here for over twenty years.

Played drums in high school marching band and that section got yelled at any time anything was off. Since I had graduated in the early 70’s, they fell by the wayside. I am really quite interested in this option. We had mentioned this before but the titles of drum Beats like techno or electro stuff will NEVER work for the stuff I play. And just the sounds of a wire brush on a cymbal at times could be perfect. That thumping disco sounding techno thing makes me …well, I don’t care for it. I’m ready to run a red light when a car pulls behind my and my pickup is starting to bounce.

With the option of playing some classic rock styles or easy jazz on my own, I know it will enhance my tracks quite a bit. The midi bass from the keyboard has gone a long way to improve the fullness of the tracks. The drums I saw were Simmons and Yamaha. Both under 600