Cubasis auto start/stop with midi

Interested to know if this is possible - I have a set of Roland midi pedals that I use to trigger playback of a midi sequence on an app running on my iPad (that app is Genome midi). Can Cubasis do this? It’s quite simple - just a midi note on or cc that can be programmed into the app and as soon as it receives it it will start or stop the sequence.

It’s very handy playing live because I can trigger playback of sequenced intros etc but it would be really useful if I could also trigger playback of audio.

I’ve looked through the manual but can’t find anything…anyone know please?

Hello,

this would be indeed a very handy function. However, Cubasis cannot do this at the moment.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Thanks for the quick reply. That’s a shame, one of the versatile things about the iPad is being able to easily use it in a live environment and features like this are innovative selling points I think.

I’ll have to stick with Genome for the time being then.

Anyone know if this functionality is available in recent updates please? Thanks!

Hello,

sorry, we did not address this feature in the recent updates. However, we have extensions of the MIDI-capabilities on our feature request list for upcoming updates.

Kind regards,
Frieder