Bounce In Place is possible in C7 New [Video]

Nice to hear about it, filterfreak. But Audiocave is right about the real “Bounce in place” and hence the name of the topic is confusing a bit.

Now few words about my macro. I’ve discovered that if you use divided track list, like this:

then macro can work incorrect, i.e. your new Audio Track will not be placed right under your MIDI (or Instrument) track.
So, to fix this problem you have to add the key command “Divide Track List” at the beginning (possible at the second string) and at the end of the macro (the last string).

Cheers.

+1

Come on Steinberg this feature is obviously over due!

No worries man. What you’ve done here is great because many users (everywhere) whine like babies and never even try making their own macros. :slight_smile: Without guys like you doing the thinking they just wouldn’t have many. Cubase has had macros forever, yet it seems that few people really dig in, they just wait for somebody else to figure it out hand it to them.

The other post (which apparently has been deleted :laughing: ) was only intended to show what modern, fast, good bouncing kinda actually looks like, so people wouldn’t get confused about it, calling it “freeze” or whatever.

If I had known it would annoy people that much i never would have posted it. It’s not like I was trolling, i’ve owned Cubase for decades. Interestingly enough, I’ve done the same on other DAW forums, of DAWS i actually own and use, posting some great features from Cubase with gifs, so people understand what those things actually do, and there’s much less (or none at all) general “paranoia” and defensiveness about it.

Thanks WRat. Great work on the macros.

Hi Raggedyjack,

your macro seems amazin’! Thanks a lot!

I have one problem though: The resulting bounced files are “silent” in my case.
If I bounce the exact same track with the standard mixdown function the files are correct.

Any idea what could be my problem?
I installed your version directly without installing rat’s version first…

Logical Editor files are in place (yours & rat’s).

Thanks for any hint

First go to Export Audio Mixdown and check the following settings:

1.Channel Batch Export
2.Path (wherever you want)

3.Naming scheme: 1.Channel Name. 2.Mixer Index 3.Counter
(This scheme will help to avoid file name conflicts, if you do “Bounce-In-Place” more then once, for certain VSTi. From time to time you’ll need to reset the counter)

4.Sample Rate
5.Bit Depth
6.Import into Project: Pool! Audio track!
7.Close window after export.

I think it can be the culprit.

Hi, first of all thanks so much for the brilliant macro Winter Rat!

i want to ask, how to do this on mac,

i try to put the xml file under Applications - Cubase 7 (right-click - show package contents) - Contents - Preset - KeyCommands…

but when i open the key command menu on cubase, the ‘For Export’ preset is not there, and when i try import the xml file, it won’t select the file…

can anybody help?

thanks in advance.

+1000

Love to see Bounce in Place added to 7.0.5

+1 for a real Bounce-In-Place function.

If you use routing, like I do, you also have to re-route the channel to your Master Out first. And then re-re-route again after you are done bouncing.

Steinberg, please add a real Bounce-In-Place function. With realtime option (to use with Virus TI or external hardware). The users would appriciate it VERY much. Especially those of us who works alot with re-sampling.

These macros are great guys…

I love ‘bounce selection’ for audio, it just works, it asks you one question then just does it! Reliably with no fuss.

Something that works the same but with a MIDI event would be my hope as a new feature

Hi, I’m sorry, but I’ve got no idea about Mac OS. I can’t help.

im just going to bump this thread as I feel the new users maybe interested in this macro :wink:

You guys are taking too many steps.

Here’s another method…just export the track(s), and when the export dialog appears, choose “Import Back Into Project”. The file renders, then shows up in a new track right away.

and how many steps exactly does it take to reach the export stage ?

It’s easy, just open the Export Audio menu, select your track and the box that says “import into project”…voila! It literally takes 15 seconds.

thanks for that,
I’ve been checking this forum every now and again, but didn’t come across this one before. I will definitely check this out. It sounds like a real time-saver.

And here is a simple situation where that won’t work without taking additional steps…
I have multiple midi tracks all using the same 3rd party VSTI, say EW play. A violin track, a viola track, and a cello track. The VSTI audio is only coming out of one “audio” track (this immediately discounts the export audio track selection option) which is whatever audio track PLAY is using. I would have to solo the violin midi track, bounce it to audio, then solo the viola midi track, bounce it to audio, then solo the cello midi track and bounce it to audio. After which I would have to rename each track individually or rename them while bouncing as well as move them to the proper place in my project. And in the end set my export audio settings back to what I normally use them for which is printing my mixdown or stems. Now compound that with how many instruments you would REALLY use in a full orchestration and you will see how the above simplistic solution just falls apart. While it “works”, it’s extremely time consuming and could be eliminated with the addition of the following.

With a TRUE bounce in place feature, I could just right click said track, or better yet a group of tracks ( or hit whichever hotkey was assigned ) and click bounce… bam… it would produce an audio track for each midi track using only the instrument audio represented on that individual midi track and any effects or routing applied, place it below the given midi track and name it the same as the corresponding midi track… or maybe with an appended (audio) on the end of the name… all at once. Do you understand how much this would speed up the workflow? Especially when you consider that it’s just good etiquette to render all your midi tracks to audio stems at the end of a project anyway in case you want to go back and remix the project years from now and you don’t have the same software VSTI’s handy.

This is a no brainer feature that needs to be added at some point, and while I love macro’s, and the ones provided in this post are great workarounds for SOME situations, this is still functionality I and others would have loved to see in the past, or for that matter, would love to see implemented in a future version. I think the results of the current poll show that pretty plainly.

On mac you need to put the preset files in ~/Library/Prefrences/Cubase 7.5/Presets/Key Commands and ~/Library/Prefrences/Cubase 7.5/Presets/Project Logical Editor. See here https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-and-nuendo-program-preferences-files-in-detail/ for detail on how prefs are laid out on mac (had to do the same thing myself just now :slight_smile:

I can confirm the macros work on osx after following winterrat’s instructions.

Why the hell don’t you use multiple outputs from PLAY ?

I’d pay for a true BIP feature update. I don’t need anything else.
Please Steinberg don’t give BIP and 20 new buggy features it’ll take one year to fix.

Thanks