Surface Control

you need to enable the Cubase vst3 plugin set in the automap server to control the stock plugin’s

Does not work for myself or anilnc though he’s using 6.5.4 64bit.(another thread you were on).

It enables the 32 bit (x86) version of “cubase plug in set” from 6.5.4

But even though I point it to the VST3 folder in the 64bit version of 7.04 it sees nothing in that folder, so I have nothing to enable. I’ve tried everything. Even uninstalling Cubase 7 32bit (becuase you said you only had 64 bit installed). Moving the Steinberg folder from the x86 so it could not find it . . . no joy.
Put in a ticket with Novation several days ago but they have not responded.

aahh yes I seem to remember , how odd if everything is 64 bit then there shouldn’t be a problem all the channel strip modules are in the user section with the eq’s which are there and working .
And you say you are running every thing at 64 bit ?

No. I still have 6.5.4 in 32bit (and 64).

Don’t use it, though. Maybe I’ll try removing it, also.

im no computer expert but it does seem like your registry is getting confused in some way and not allowing automap to see the 64 bit version in stead of 32 bit , to be honest this is the sort of reason why when I done this build I kept every thing to the minimum and all 64 bit so there was no conflicts .Don’t get me wrong automaps not perfect with c7 but it works very well and Is very usable but like with all software it has it’s quirks ,but I still don’t understand why you can’t see anything 64 bit , are you on the latest 4.7. beta ?

Yes. 4.7b3.

anilnc said Novation told him to reinstall winows . . .
Niether of us have enough of a break to risk that.
And . . . it seems a bit odd to have to do that with everything else purring,
My system is very clean, also. I have other computers for general use. And this W7 install is not even a year old.

I wish they could simply suggest some registry editing or something.
They have not even answered my support request.

To not soumd too negative though - except for my inability to control anything Cubase (except levels - which I don’t need as I have 24 channels of MCU Pro), AutoMap is very cool for controlling 3rd party plugs. And the ability to setup your own control layout is great.

filterfreak, let me make sure I have this straight:

The VST3 folder (with the Cubase Plug In Set) you’re talking about is C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 7\VST3 . . . correct?

Because there is another one: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
which AutoMap CAN see into - but “Cubase VST3 Plugin Set” isn’t in there . . .

yes that’s the correct folder , I feel for you that must be very annoying , I can’t understand why novation haven’t even bothered to get back to you and they are on this forum as well .
I wish I could be more help apart from what they would more than likely say which is , uninstall ,clean your registry blar blar blar but there is certainly something not right and my guess is the conflict between 32- 64.

interesting , may be i should sell my Evolution MK 361C , n buy the Bigger Novatation , it has a touch pad as well, but i m sure Bitstream X 3 can do all that , only , its support sucks , mesg on thier forum and direct support 4 months , no reply , so far i can use only 8 parameters of whatever shows up with the midi learn , n The XY Axis work with any tone… but i cant get it to do basic control like control faders… manuel is pretty much hazed … well would really appreciate any one using Bitstream X3 ? its a ruggered unit , XY Z axis , ribbon controller , LFO / Motion / Arpegiator, n a lot more , @ a steep learning curve… Ha :nerd: sm
www.waveidea.com

Quick update, I have not been able to map any shuttle functions. Well, I have but unfortunately aorn, mapping the shuttle via KB SC does not allow one to assign the type of movement if it’s based on a KB SC because it removes the choice of the type of command… which kinda sucks.
Still looking for a way around it.

OAN, The touchpad is absolutely horrendous! I thought it was just this one but after doing some research it is a known issue that will not be resolved.

I don’t use the TP but did plan on using it for mapping other functions to it and while for that purpose it may be serviceable, if you plan on using it as an X/Y ala the KOSSpad, forget it…The amount of pressure you have to use makes it almost unusable in that regard…

Still giving it a shot and will most likely keep it because I got it for a great price but, if anything else comes up short that hinders the creative process, i’ll change my mind and House of Pain it… Pack it up, Pack it in! lol

i m still debating the Zero or the steinberg Modular ones… only they look plasticky feeble, How is the Zero built … Ruggered??? n desk top space is also some thing i have to seriously consider…
any one using the zoom R8 as a control surface ??? any feed back on that ? thanks sm

I really like my CMC’s truth is, they’re really responsive, especially the touch pads… and work as advertised! (For me at least)
Rugged? Yes… The Nov25SLmkII Is built solid, the sliders, Joystick, keys, aftertouch feel, both style of knobs and the buttons all feel geat.

I have it on my desk and has a small enough size for 25.
I wish it was 37 keys, they discontinued that 1 and they removed the extra LCD in the mkII.

The Pads are nice but and they can be set to different sensitivity levels… but that touchpad…ugh, gotta figure something out for it…lol

Automap has been good so far. A few minor things but if all else fails you have the option to build a template.

Grab a nektar panorama. I love mine. Www.nektartech.com

Very Usefull Information Thanks a lot sam

This was my initial choice when I was shopping… shoot, I may still get it lol
The one thing that swayed me was the piano finish and no 25 or 37 key option…

They do have a keyless version which looks really nice but I had to have at least 25 keys in front of me at all times… :nerd:

I love my cmc Qc and novation sl 61 mk2 ,automap is fun

Yap , tired of learning curves … sm

I have a Qcon Pro + an Extension bought from Thomann http://www.thomann.de/gb/icon_qcon_pro.htm who were efficient.

It does everything a Mackie Pro does but for half the price.

Hi does it run straight out a Box , or have any auto map kind a software?? thnks sm

HI Royal 1 , is it possible to control the Transport bar with the cross fader on your Novatation ??? could u pls try ? if so How ??
lastly any ideas any one how does the zoom R8 work as a control surface for C 6.5 ???
thanks sam