Napoli - mix 2

Life is tough enough without bashing those who we seek help and guidance from. I actually do come here as opposed to other sites for help in things that I mess up and hearing things I miss. I have done 3 or 4 edits since everyone shared their thoughts with me for no charge. Each change has truly help the music. I haven’t agreed with every statement that anyone has made but I never would count them as invalid either.

It’s life experience story time lol I had a teacher growing up that would put a panel of his best students together to critique our playing. Each lesson started that way. They blasted me and it should of hurt. I went home and practiced, they blasted less. This went on for months with me working harder at it, till the day came when they couldn’t find anything to say bad. Someone in panel asked teacher what he taught me that he didn’t teach them, all he said was you guys are bums he listened, learned from you and practiced what you taught him. He turned to me and said now it’s my turn to critique you.

That’s a paraphrase and the language is a little better than he used…I really do find it a privilege to be complimented and critiqued. This forum is a fine school and I believe that Jonathon’s nature is very analytical, mine is very emotional so I really enjoy/study his comments. He made me research what I wrote for that instrument and decide if it would work. His idea about adding cello/bass I actually considered but decided against because of the direction I want this to follow. I only wanted a trio (unless we add percussion) so cello is out for me, but the striking note comment in talking about Edgar Meyer’s playing also has me looking for alternate articulations to make my parts more realistic. His critique has me trying to learn my instruments better. We both also know we have differences in loves of musical style because we have discussed this previously, but can anyone say that learning from someones ability doesn’t make you better?

I promise I can stand up for myself if there is an uncalled for statement as I am sure a few people here can testify to. filterfreak so much thanks the compliments, I do have pretty think skin though lol. Thanks for listening ThePresent ! Wish I knew everyone’s real names though

Think I had better shut up as I’ve had to much wine. My ears are bleeding cause the sound guy at our show was so horrible and the wine was so great :blush: . Thanks to everyone here!!! Marco and I really enjoyed working on this and he is aggressively trying to line up backers to do an entire project so we will have real people and no simulations of instruments. I’m crossing my fingers