Is Cubase residing in a secret folder ?

Well, I just want to provide an update to Chris and you Steve and saw your post.

Frankly, I did nothing to get it running perfectly BUT RE-Start, RE-Start, RE-Start…after essentially having Cubase lock up about 12 times and using TASK MANAGER to get the computer out of lock up mode and then re-booting, it is NOW running GREAT. And I say that as my 15 second MIDI hang time on initialization is down to about 8. I AM REALLY hoping to find out what in that setup folder is helping or hurting the MIDI part so when I change again in the future, I know what to look for.

When Cubase locked ( not responding), It would not start up again unless I rebooted the entire machine. Nice to have the problems fixed but not knowing why only dooms me to repeat the problem at some point in the future.

My next step would have been exactly as you describe taking everything out and adding it back in one by one from formatted hardware all over again. I also think the AGE of it is only a very small part of it. I had issues of this TYPE with Windows ME, VISTA and 7. All of them were on different computers and mobo combinations so again, I have no clue.

Chris responded to my original install problem last year on the upgrade from 6.5 to 7 when I had eLicenser trouble. I had similar trouble when I re-installed 2 days ago as well. Maybe ANY kind of previous residence on any drive will create these problems ?

THANK GOODNESS it has been resolved and I can move on. STEVE, Thank you for relaying your experience and thoughts to help solve this. It does not go unappreciated.

NEXT: Looking forward to California for the beginning of September.