Cubase 7.0.5 discussion

If you close all racks to just have the mixer, the rack configurations do not restore the racks. You have to click on the rack button to get it to toggle. However, that replaces the size information. So you can’t see any of the rack until you manually drag the mixer big again.

+1!!!

Love the update, but, for the first time since I updated to 6.5, my Cubase is crashing frequently (daily).

I noticed (2nd time in a row), when I opened or closed the mixer (can’t remember)(by hitting the F3-button)
Other time I think I was or opening Variaudio or unfreezing something

anyone else?

hmmm… thought I posted this. Hope it wasn’t deleted … Maybe because I called the way the multi-select solo/mute functionality works on the MC a bad name? Anyhow…

Video showing goofy multitrack solo behavior.

Multi-select solo even with QLink still doesn’t work. Unless someone can explain to me why the above video makes any sense.

Completely threw me this one as well. Why the change? For years it has been one way, and now it is another? Is there a new setting or something, or is this a bug? Even worse as I flit between Cubase and Reaper a lot and it’s the other way in Reaper. I don’t quite understand why it changed.

And System Preferences is not an option, as I don;t want ‘natural scrolling’ and I certainly haven;t changed anything since 7.05.

Please change back.

+1000000000

Thanks for the advice Steveinchicago, but like the other Steve said, it changes the scroll for all programs, not just Cubase.

Sure. Sorry it wasn’t helpful.

I’ve been using utilities that override the Mac OS settings on a per application basis, USB overdrive is one, it’s free, and Steermouse, which is $20.

USB overdrive is one, it’s free

Nope. $20 also and worth every penny, been using it for years.

The great thing about this app is that you could have a few apps open that require different mouse customizations and as soon as you switch focus to another app, USB Overdrive automatically switches configs. I couldn’t get through the day without this in my graphics studio. And yes, I have it set up to reverse the scrolling for Cubase.

Plugins still go into hide mode on second monitor… sigh… when is this going to be fixed???

Same thing here. Without holding CMD the wheel works fine, so overriding its behavior will fix the zoom issue but will break the scrolling which is (still) fine.

(This comparison is not fair. You can scale down the vertical size in C7. Then a smaller font is used.)
Correction: The comparison IS fair. I thought these were mixer screenshots, but this is the project window.

Dr. Max.

I just wonder how this “bug” passed the test phase.
I mean it’s kinda obvious isn’t it?

Dr. Max

I haven’t been that long a user of Cubase, started on 5 and now on 6.5, but would just like to add my voice to those critical of the UI.
Seems to me that Steinberg have taken a seriously wrong turn with 7.
Aside from any bugs that 7 may suffer (by and large they get fixed eventually), the UI is just plain horrible. It looks cheap and not at all business-like and ergonomic.
Unfortunately, IME it is unlikely that Steinberg will change it as developers rarely admit that they got it wrong.

Absolutely sticking with 6.5 for the foreseeable!

OK, the mixer stuff is the way it is. I can live with it.

My problem is more the hanging and crashing since I installed 7.05. Some songs just wont load anymore. Cubase just freezes while loading the songs. It doesnt matter if the song has an older or newer format (C6.x oder 7.x)

This has always happened sometimes but never as much as now (2 Songs out of 5 will crash when loading). When I say crash I mean Cubase just freezes and has to be ended from the task manager. I thought it might have to do with some faulty plugin but I havent found out which one yet (if its that). The crashes are random.

It all of this wasn’t an issue (or at least not as bad) with 7.04.

any ideas?

Apart from this I’m still really quite happy with C7 and I definetly do not want to go back.

I’m afraid 6 months after v7.0.0 release and 5 updates the mix console isn’t fully ready…

I’m still not convinced by C7 mix console apart the new channel selection panel. I can’t believe Steinberg decided such a big change without users’ advice or validation ?!!!

After 2 days in action, I’ve had 5 unexplained crashes. I never experienced anything like this with 7.0.4. We clearly have a long way to go… :-/

On a positive note, I just want to say that on Windows 7, asio spiking seems drastically improved from 7.04. I’m getting about 20% better performance…

Projects that would only run at 2048 are now running smoothly at 1024 or even 512.

3 crashes with 3 new plugin’s , very strange ,if I use a new plugin after it’s been installed Cubase closes , after that crash they run fine , how bizarre !!!

What is your audio card ?