Cubase 7.0.5 discussion

After 2 days in action, I’ve had 5 unexplained crashes. I never experienced anything like this with 7.0.4. We clearly have a long way to go… :-/

On a positive note, I just want to say that on Windows 7, asio spiking seems drastically improved from 7.04. I’m getting about 20% better performance…

Projects that would only run at 2048 are now running smoothly at 1024 or even 512.

3 crashes with 3 new plugin’s , very strange ,if I use a new plugin after it’s been installed Cubase closes , after that crash they run fine , how bizarre !!!

What is your audio card ?

no shame in going back to the drawing board, nobody’s perfect; i would consider it mature of sb if they redid the whole thing from scratch.

I don’t often get involved in discussions on forums, but for what it’s worth I’m also very concerned about the design direction Cubase is headed in with v7. The new GUI decisions have all been terrible. I’m not sure what happened - 6.5 is a masterpiece by comparison.

From the first day of v7’s release, I was worried. I even sent a very quick redesign http://goo.gl/imFyR to Steinberg, to show that they may have “thrown the baby out with the bathwater”. The resizing thing is an unnecessary burden; it’s practically impossible to design something that looks good at all sizes. Personally, I’d go back to a couple of fixed size options, and make sure they’re always beautiful.

We all occasionally venture down roads that lead nowhere, and there’s really no shame in reversing and heading in a different, better direction. Personally, I really hope Steinberg consider it. Until then, I’ll remain on 6.5.

wow! Color me impressed, very well done! They should hire you. everybody, Look at his design. Best ive seen yet.

very nice indeed. special mentions are :

track name
track number
font and text size
overall contrast is brighter

that is a great mock-up … BUT, you still have the sizing problem. It won’t necessarily scale. The issue here is trying to make a size agnostic mixer. That IMO is a mistake. You need a couple of really well done sizes. Not 1 size that is a compromise at every size.

I like your mock-up !

Steinberg NEEDs a good graphic designer, It’s a shame that some audio engineers here can make best and useful designs than Steinberg’s does. i have a new iMac, the top one, and the mixer zooms in and out like the 80’s graphics, i really like the 80’s sound, not the Sinclair Spectrum graphics…
New designer and a new graphics engineer please… My customers doesn’t give me five (7.0.5) oportunities to do a job…

lol … :laughing:

I wish the mixer looked like this…

I have only been trying out C7 for a few days but, so far, as far as the mixer is concerned, the EQ curve “pop up” and overlay of the spectrum in real time is the only thing I really like.

I don’t like the “4 square” of buttons with the fuzzy border around them when the pointer goes over them. I REALLY don’t like that I have to be REALLY careful when using the mouse wheel in the mixer rack because I might change values in there. I don’t care about the “strip” at all (I am not a pro and don’t mind just adding these to my inserts). I REALLY don’t like all the horizontal “progress bar” looking values for send levels and EQ parameters. I don’t like the “hidden” until you hover over them buttons for inserts, sends, strip effects, etc.

I can work with all of it except that mouse wheel movement in the EQ/Send values area thing. It is really a problem because you may not even realize you have changed a bunch of values. At least a preference that says, “Never change values with mouse wheel/Mouse wheel only for scrolling/zooming, etc.”.

Oh, and I do like the idea of the pictures (I know, its kind of cheesy and “garage band” but you don’t have to put them in there…)

BTW, How do I get my picture to just show up in the post (i.e. not as a link but the actual picture?)
J.L.

Oh, come on - I’ m not a friend of C7 Mixconsole but this mock up IMHO is an overloaded mess - Fader caps in the meters…?

good point what would happen with a mono channel , where would the meter go then ?

you meed to upload it to an image hoster, or your own webspace and link it.

Ok. Lets go that way and say Steinberg design beautiful full screen mixer (based on 6.5 with 7.0.5 features). And the sizes of MC for your choice are:

1. 1366x768
  2. 1650x1080
  3. 1920x1080
  4. 2660x1440

Just pick up one, that match your screen resolution (like you pick up wallpaper with Cubase logo in your screen resolution). And mixer is allways beautiful. No resizing issues, bugs. No wide channels, faders and meters. Just good looking MC.

They might be hidden and only visible on mouse over…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: