Cubase 7.0.5 discussion

wow! Color me impressed, very well done! They should hire you. everybody, Look at his design. Best ive seen yet.

very nice indeed. special mentions are :

track name
track number
font and text size
overall contrast is brighter

that is a great mock-up … BUT, you still have the sizing problem. It won’t necessarily scale. The issue here is trying to make a size agnostic mixer. That IMO is a mistake. You need a couple of really well done sizes. Not 1 size that is a compromise at every size.

I like your mock-up !

Steinberg NEEDs a good graphic designer, It’s a shame that some audio engineers here can make best and useful designs than Steinberg’s does. i have a new iMac, the top one, and the mixer zooms in and out like the 80’s graphics, i really like the 80’s sound, not the Sinclair Spectrum graphics…
New designer and a new graphics engineer please… My customers doesn’t give me five (7.0.5) oportunities to do a job…

lol … :laughing:

I wish the mixer looked like this…

I have only been trying out C7 for a few days but, so far, as far as the mixer is concerned, the EQ curve “pop up” and overlay of the spectrum in real time is the only thing I really like.

I don’t like the “4 square” of buttons with the fuzzy border around them when the pointer goes over them. I REALLY don’t like that I have to be REALLY careful when using the mouse wheel in the mixer rack because I might change values in there. I don’t care about the “strip” at all (I am not a pro and don’t mind just adding these to my inserts). I REALLY don’t like all the horizontal “progress bar” looking values for send levels and EQ parameters. I don’t like the “hidden” until you hover over them buttons for inserts, sends, strip effects, etc.

I can work with all of it except that mouse wheel movement in the EQ/Send values area thing. It is really a problem because you may not even realize you have changed a bunch of values. At least a preference that says, “Never change values with mouse wheel/Mouse wheel only for scrolling/zooming, etc.”.

Oh, and I do like the idea of the pictures (I know, its kind of cheesy and “garage band” but you don’t have to put them in there…)

BTW, How do I get my picture to just show up in the post (i.e. not as a link but the actual picture?)
J.L.

Oh, come on - I’ m not a friend of C7 Mixconsole but this mock up IMHO is an overloaded mess - Fader caps in the meters…?

good point what would happen with a mono channel , where would the meter go then ?

you meed to upload it to an image hoster, or your own webspace and link it.

Ok. Lets go that way and say Steinberg design beautiful full screen mixer (based on 6.5 with 7.0.5 features). And the sizes of MC for your choice are:

1. 1366x768
  2. 1650x1080
  3. 1920x1080
  4. 2660x1440

Just pick up one, that match your screen resolution (like you pick up wallpaper with Cubase logo in your screen resolution). And mixer is allways beautiful. No resizing issues, bugs. No wide channels, faders and meters. Just good looking MC.

They might be hidden and only visible on mouse over…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

:wink:

good point what would happen with a mono channel , where would the meter go then ?

with mono channel the cap would split for two narrow faders and meter show up in the middle. :bulb: :wink:

but i do like the thin line between the tracks with fader area to have better separation of tracks.
also i like to move the track names above fader as option(had FR long time ago for this) this way i don’t have to move my eyes all the way down to see track name when moving in rack area

No, I believe that Steinberg needs a good user interface designer with the prime focus being on usability. The designer would have final say over what a graphic artist and a coder produce. I don’t care if the GUI looks like a cartoon if it lets me easily express the sound I want to hear.

Don’t get me started about the how Steinberg Marketing hasn’t (publically, at least) required the developers to provide accessibility features. You can have good ears but still have eyes unable to resolve low-contrast small graphical features on a 27" monitor.

That said, Cubase is a good product (and getting better) in terms of functionality.

That design suggestion is most beautiful thing I wer seen daw speaking!

+1

Please tell me that SB contacted you after you send this proposal?

The Meters/fader can be improved but the other stuff are almost perfect.

You should put this in feature request!