Cubase 7.0.5 discussion

I wish the mixer looked like this…

I have only been trying out C7 for a few days but, so far, as far as the mixer is concerned, the EQ curve “pop up” and overlay of the spectrum in real time is the only thing I really like.

I don’t like the “4 square” of buttons with the fuzzy border around them when the pointer goes over them. I REALLY don’t like that I have to be REALLY careful when using the mouse wheel in the mixer rack because I might change values in there. I don’t care about the “strip” at all (I am not a pro and don’t mind just adding these to my inserts). I REALLY don’t like all the horizontal “progress bar” looking values for send levels and EQ parameters. I don’t like the “hidden” until you hover over them buttons for inserts, sends, strip effects, etc.

I can work with all of it except that mouse wheel movement in the EQ/Send values area thing. It is really a problem because you may not even realize you have changed a bunch of values. At least a preference that says, “Never change values with mouse wheel/Mouse wheel only for scrolling/zooming, etc.”.

Oh, and I do like the idea of the pictures (I know, its kind of cheesy and “garage band” but you don’t have to put them in there…)

BTW, How do I get my picture to just show up in the post (i.e. not as a link but the actual picture?)
J.L.