Cubase 7.0.5 discussion

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

:wink:

good point what would happen with a mono channel , where would the meter go then ?

with mono channel the cap would split for two narrow faders and meter show up in the middle. :bulb: :wink:

but i do like the thin line between the tracks with fader area to have better separation of tracks.
also i like to move the track names above fader as option(had FR long time ago for this) this way i don’t have to move my eyes all the way down to see track name when moving in rack area

No, I believe that Steinberg needs a good user interface designer with the prime focus being on usability. The designer would have final say over what a graphic artist and a coder produce. I don’t care if the GUI looks like a cartoon if it lets me easily express the sound I want to hear.

Don’t get me started about the how Steinberg Marketing hasn’t (publically, at least) required the developers to provide accessibility features. You can have good ears but still have eyes unable to resolve low-contrast small graphical features on a 27" monitor.

That said, Cubase is a good product (and getting better) in terms of functionality.

That design suggestion is most beautiful thing I wer seen daw speaking!

+1

Please tell me that SB contacted you after you send this proposal?

The Meters/fader can be improved but the other stuff are almost perfect.

You should put this in feature request!

Definitely put it in the Feature Request forum. This needs immediate attention!

Funny how someone who probably doesn’t do this for a living can come up with a WAY better solution than a “professional” working at Steinberg.

and how would the meter show up in the center when you have the groove for the fader in the middle ?

jaslin
I REALLY don’t like that I have to be REALLY careful when using the mouse wheel in the mixer rack because I might change values

It does and this is very very annoying…! Why is this happening…? Please help me stop it…!

I’m experiencing a lot of spikes (we ARE talking about the VSTperformance meter, right?), so what is this switch I hear you speak of? I would like to press it.

I have exactly the same problem - anybody else notice this in the rack, makes the rack really difficult use - is there a way to correct this in preferences?

I’m experiencing a lot of spikes (we ARE talking about the VSTperformance meter, right?), so what is this switch I hear you speak of? I would like to press

2BACH, i think the switch came with the 7.0.4 update. It’s a txt file that should be placed in the cubase folder.
The instructions are included with the 7.0.4 download, and it’s mac only if i’m correct.

If you got anymore questions just ask!!

Justus

My fonts are normal and I don’t see the black text on black background, either. :confused:

[quote=“jaslan”]I REALLY don’t like that I have to be REALLY careful when using the mouse wheel in the mixer rack because I might change values in there./quote]

• a BIG 1.

Mauri.

I’m experiencing a lot of spikes (we ARE talking about the VSTperformance meter, right?), so what is this switch I hear you speak of? I would like to press

2BACH, i think the switch came with the 7.0.4 update. It’s a txt file that should be placed in the cubase folder.
The instructions are included with the 7.0.4 download, and it’s mac only if i’m correct.

The update is now part of 7.0.5, so there’s no need for a switch anymore.

Isn’t that hard either… I know it for experience…

What, specifically?

I REALLY don’t like that I have to be REALLY careful when using the mouse wheel in the mixer rack because I might change values in there.

It would be nice to have the user-selectable “mouse-able controls”.

Of course we realize that, but that’s not really the point (and by the way, professional is spelled with one “f”). The point is that we had a very functional mixer already in C6. All Steinberg needed to do was to find a way to add the new features found in the current version to it. And if starting from the ground up was the best way to achieve that, then avoid removing previous features. The mixer mock up created by David does this. However, it seems to be trendy to remove features on every new release (and not just from the mixer). I don’t get that, and never experienced it until I become a Cubase user. Was it always like this with Steinberg?