cmc qc midi activity spiking

So they missed a chance here.

I know that my beloved old Kawai K4 - I use that nowadays only as a keyboard, but no more producing sounds -
emits all the time MIDI active sensing - that drove me crazy, when I wrote my own MIDI processing software
but I never saw that in Cubase - since Cubase 1.0 on my ATARI ST.

Why is it so difficult to put a filter into the driver?

whole lotta bump

I have also requested this “feature” to be selectable:

This problem only occurs in my Win7 64 setup, not on MAC. But on MAC the devices aren’t even recognised, which is a completely different matter :unamused:

well it looks like we are not going to get an answer on this ,mind you it loks like steinberg have abandoned the forum just like they have abandoned certain hardware :unamused: :unamused:

Unfortunately, we got an answer (a disappointing one though):

The “spiking” of midi-signals" is not a problem but a feature by design. You should not turn off the CMC’s midi output. You can however hiode the MIDI activity meter in the transportbar.

It seems they are not even considering our request: please Steinberg, don’t remove the “feature by design” if you like it, just make its display switchable (on/off) for us who find it extremely irritating!!! Please!!!

As we are “only” at release 1.1 yet, I will wait for a possible next software or firmware release.
If by then these problems are not yet solved, the bidding can begin! Two CMC’s will become for sale after that!
I have gone used to using my keyboard for the functions the TP has to offer and as far as the QC is concerned … never had the pleasure to experience what aspects of living with Cubase they make easier.
Sorry but I’m not a Guinea Pig.

It’s been a long time since I bump and rolled

Yes, stop the CC121 midi activity thumping.

It’s ridiculous AND redundant since the blue “Cubase Ready” light on the console tells you if communication is active.

+1
+2
+3
+4
… +infinity

Let’s hope, that C7 brings a filter for the spikes!

+1

well it looks like even thou there was the promise from Steinberg to look in to this at the being I suppose it’s staying exactly how it is now . If I could find another controller to integrate with the QC’s and eq’s the same way as the qc I would bin the Qc as since starting this thread im still very pissed off with having to watch this midi activity all the time

many other hardware synths does it too…

it’s just active censing

no big deal :unamused:

so what synth do you own that causes this midi activity ?

roland xp 80

nord rack

Name one built in the last 15 years? My guess if there is one, it is a totally cheap POS. There used to be stage/light/rig controllers that did it. But, those don’t do it anymore either … for the same reason we are complaining. The MIDI indicator has for quite some time been an activity indicator, not a “HI I am here, Are you there? Yes, I am here, are you there?” That implementation has been dead a long time.

really I find that very hard to believe even thou I own neither of those which is funny really as I own 19 synths and loads of modules and not one of the cause this midi detection , so your telling me that the nord still shows this behaviour like this ,then you must have some sysex message option setup wrong because this behaviour is not normal with hardware

I’m fairly sure you can turn it off on the xp 80. Maybe it was a mod … can’t remember. But, we had one that didn’t do it.

I don’t know jack about nords.

sounds like it’s transmitting the arp sysex data , which can be switched off

anyway back topic , the reason I started this thread in the first place is because it is damn right irritating and still is !