Cubase on Pc or a Mac ?

After building a dedicated music studio, it was time to update the software to the latest (Cubase 7) and outfit the studio with a state of the art Computer to run it. This time around Steinberg gave a recommendation for a PC family. I discovered that this was going to be a very expensive purchase being HP and because these are not stock items here it seems. Then I was introduced to Lenovo, and although somewhat skeptical, I was assured that Lenovo was respectable, being the true “bloodline” if you will of the original IBM machines, and that these were used onboard the ISS and other NASA projects for mission critical work. I figured why not, so I got a system with similar specs to the HP and haven’t regreted it at all - Cubase 7 runs like a charm.

Oh Cubase has bugs, there’s no getting around that, but I don’t have any of the problems with display or other oddball issues so many seem to be complaining about.
If one is serious about music and serious about their DAW, then it makes sense to ugrade from time to time to the latest i.e. current specs. Software is always (or should be) pushing the limits, and it seems to me we’re at a juncture where many existing hardware bases need to be replaced. This may not be an acceptable option for the amateur, and some serious consideration should be given as to whether they should continue with Cubase or perhaps find something that will run better on their hardware.
If you’re serious, look at the specs of the HP systems suggested and try to come as close to these specs as you can.