MidiGuitar software - by JamOrigion

Hi Steve. 0.8 is out-
Allegedly it tracks better, i didn´t tried it yet.

The developer said it´not optimized to use has audio midi translator. It delivers better in live mode.
Either way, i have no complains because the audio i record sounds exactly the same when played by the VSTi again and again.

There is something we´re missing and i can´t spot it.
Check the driver selection, VST connections. Create a mono traxl. Route the guitar to it. load MIDI Guitar there. If you have software monitoring enabled you must select it by clicking on the yellow speaker on the track controls.
Create a MIDI track. Chose a VSTi to control. select on the MIDI inputs, the first drop box on the MIDI track. Active record or monitor on the MIDI track. If i´m right, by now you should be listening to something.
Tweak MIDIGUITAR to your playing style or the instrument played.
I know you´re advanced Cubase user. I just wrote that to make sure there isn´t a detail missing.
BTW, I´m still on Cubase 5.5.3. Cubase 7 might have a more sophisticated routing on both MIDI and Audio that I´m missing, perhaps another forum member could pitch in and bring some light on the subject.
Be aware that if you are using VST with CC assignments, you´d better enable them inside MIDIGuitar, because either way the sound might came too low or no sound at all-
This is the reason why MIDI isn´t my favorite thing. Too many variables and assignments to take care of. Sometimes it drains the fun out of music making.