Mixing Headphones (Help ?)

Thanks Alexis,

I have the BD DT880 Pro’s for mixing, and the BD DT770 Pro’s for tracking.

Whats does ‘tracking’ mean please ??

The hardest thing I found when mixing on cans was that I could hear sounds panned to the sides (reverb, or wide synths, for example) so much more prominently than when I put the same mix on speakers. I’m learning to compensate, very clumsily still, so that things sound good on both cans and speaker monitors. Man, this stuff isn’t easy.

This is something which i am tryring to get to grips with, and why i am interested in the results you describe from your BD DT880’s. i am very new to mixing and until 6 x months ago i could not hear any recording techniques like ‘panning’ simply because i have never really listened out for such settings before. But since January i have started spending some time each day listening to the ‘panning’ of instruments on various cd’s (thru my current pair of Senheisser headphones). i am starting to hear things now but it really is not easy to say for certain the positioning of certain instruments. Obviously this is due to my ‘ears’ having not been trained in this particular area.