Cubase 7.0.5 discussion

Exactly

I just wander why they didnt fix the clicky problem with the latest updates. !!! hope they consider it as a problem and issue !!!

My take is that they have always had a poorly implemented MDI capability. They have now made similar weird choices in how to implement a more modern UI. Now we have the worst of both worlds, with few of the benefits. We have horrible focus control. We have a seemingly bastardized coble between the project and the mixer. It’s almost as if they are independent applications. Even when they finish integrating the new UI, I think all the screwy underpinnings are going to once again limit the functionality of the interface and continue to make simple things overly complex.

Plus I think they all code on and use laptops all day … So, the experience is going to continue to skew that way.

All my opinion of course.

Haha, don’t get me started on MIDI :wink:

hehe … MDI not MIDI

PLUS ONE !

I have been Cubase user since Cubase SX 1. This DAW have always been synonym of stability and high performance. With Cubase 7 it has changed. I am very disappointed with it even with 7.0.5 update. I get frequent crashes, GUI lags, awful performance (20 to 30% worse than 6.5.4), and I don’t see this to change in nearest future.

I am done with Cubase 7. I will even skip 7.5, if they make it paid version. My next update will be only 8, and if things will not improve, I will switch to logic x. It has all the features I need and it has better performance.

Try this and see if that solve your problems. It might will! :wink:

Best Regards
Freddie

this has been with cubendo for many years if i get you correctly. shift+alt+left-click on the ‘e’ button of the respective channel, and all the GUIs of the plugins inserted on that channel will come up – exactly where you had left them last time you edited them. then you can either shift-click any ‘e’ button to close all plugin GUIs, or set up a keycommand to do just that. (as usual, for no obvious reason, a keycommand to do the 1st step – ie. to open all plugin GUIs inserted on the selected channel – is not available [in C6 at least]. there are however separate GR commands to ‘open insert #1’, ‘open insert #2’ etc., so it’s technically possible to chain 8 of those if you’re feeling adventurous).

However, with several DAWs, as you scroll through the tracks, the associated plugins for the track you are leaving close, and the plugins for the track you stop on open at their last position. i.e. if I have 2 of 4 plugs open, when I come back to the track, the same 2 plugs will pop open again. Reaper has a container that the plugs float in. Studio One does something similar. Ableton and a few others have the effects rack approach.

BTW…
can any one tell me when C 7.0.6 will be available?

:mrgreen:

ahh, nice. then again, the workspaces recall the plugin GUI coordinates, so you can move them to whatever monitor screen you need to have them on and save that as part of a workspace; having them all contained in one floating container would surely upset a group of users. it’s true however that some sort of ‘tile’ command for visible plugins-command would be most welcome imo!

This only works for plugins that are open at the time you set the workspace. The only time I’ve found this useful is that I have a mix down buss chain workspace. For multi-track use workspaces are not useful in this scenario.

The container is an option by the way. You can float or use the container. The cool thing about the container approach is that the chain is shown on the left of the container and you can use the arrow keys to move up and down the chain. As you do, the plugin interface for the selected VSTi or effect is displayed. Move to another track and the container fills with that channels chain. Or, you can just have floaties all over the place that open and close as you move between the tracks.

i find the workspace approach useful for plugins on in the control room – i use RMS / EBU metering, analysers, spectrograms, M / S decoders and tools like these. but yeah you’re right, the window management is kind of a mess.

Right, that’s the reference for mix-down. It’s useful because it is generally static.

I dislike the ‘dots’ upon mouse-over of the inserts. An always visible icon both for the plugin selection drop-down and the bypass plugin button, like on the sends, would be much better. Dots typically indicate size editing or data points, not options or functions.

The most problematic change is the placement of the preset button on the inserts. It is very frustrating because I often double-click on the insert bar to open inserts for editing, but it’s very easy now to miss and click the preset button by accident instead. Get it out of the middle of the button! You may as well take it off the insert bar entirely; you can already right click the insert bar to get to the preset menu.

Finally, the mixer was doing some weird things for me in 7.0.4, like refusing to scroll all the way up to the top so I couldn’t click the “E” button on individual tracks sometimes. This problem seems to have been fixed in 7.0.5. Thank you.

Hey all,

Long time Cubase user and lover. Used to be frequent on the forum and look forward to making a return.

Concern: it seems to me that some of my color preferences don’t really take. What I mean is I set the my general color preference (in preferences) to black, and it manifests in a greyish-brown. Definitely not black. The other concern is regarding the appearance of the mixer. In the original release of 7, the background color of the VU meters in the mixer were black. Now they appear to be some murky grey (yet the background of the Control Room meter is still black). The overall appearance offers far less contrast. I’m wondering if anyone else has noticed the same, or if I’m doing something wrong.

I appreciate the feedback.

Brock

No one has any comment? :confused:

Here’s a screenshot:

Any constructive comment is appreciated.

Brock

I thought I should chime in :

I didn’t want to upgrade because I’ve read all the issues but I wanted to see if the font issues effected my setup (I’m on 24" + 17" monitors) so today I said: “WTH”… (I rarely use 7 anyway. spiking prohibits me from using it).

So :

Yes, fonts are too big on mixer tracks
Yes, Cubase 7.05 has crashed on me
There are still spikes (I thought I got rid of that with the latest RME driver update)
I can’t multi-select/multi-load (eg. 5 EQ’s at once with alt-shift-selection)

Hope 7.5 (or 7.06 or 7.07 or whatever it is called) will be improved.