VST Connect & VST Connect SE - Solution Thread

Hi all

I’m not sure if this is an issue or not with VST connect.

I ran into issues running a home based server that I wanted to log into. The method was to connect to a server on the web and it would redirect the dynamic IP and ports to my internet connection(ISP). After many hours of port forwarding, reading about it, etc, i discovered that my setup was running 2 NATs.
NAT = Network address translator
Its purpose is to translate the incoming IP and ports (WAN) to your internal IP addresses on your LAN.
NAT # 1 is in my modem’s firewall and NAT # 2 is in my main router. I don’t use the modem as a router or wireless for personal reasons. Even with setting forwarding on both devices, the uPNP would not work.

To resolve the uPNP not being able to set up port forwarding correctly i disabled the firewall on the modem and set the DMZ to my router’s IP and let it do all the security stuff etc. This fixed my server issues and i have had no issues with VST connect except i want to run it internally.

I have some ideas that i am exploring, to get it to work internally, cuz i want to use my laptop in another room as a capture device. trying to eliminate cables and speakers etc in the other room. It just seems to make more sense. One cat6e cable to my router and all the clutter and noise is minimized.

Please be careful when playing with your network setup, and don’t shoot the messenger.
I’m just sharing my experience.

Gotta go play and record. :smiley:
Cheers