HALION 5

There is also a HALion Sonic 2 forum now…
I am also wondering what this is about.
J.L.

well I never saw this one coming thou , 6.5.5 yes , 7.0.6 yes , the end of the of all tower based sequencing software … yes ,but halion 5 … no

It will more than likely stay like this for months now lol

Probably more like a few years … until Halion 6

beat slicing at last ? sfz file support ?

and on the german side of the forum Steinberg are already issuing halion 5 licenses :wink:

I hope this doesn’t mean Halion 4 will not be updated anymore. It still needs work!

In what way? Remember not to list “features”. What bugs are holding you up?

:open_mouth:

This:

hmmm, weird… the forum crapped on my reply…

anyhow, yes the gui is sluggish. I don’t think it’s a bug though. I think it’s how they decided to design the gui. Maybe for cross platform compatibility. Who knows. I do hope they address it in whatever next release comes our way.

New products:
http://www.ks-music.at/Steinberg/VST-Instruments/Halion-5.html
and
http://www.ks-music.at/Steinberg/VST-Instruments/Halion-Sonic-2.html

oioioi but there doesn’t seem to be much difference to v4 or am I missing something ???

Well, it just says features. I don’t see any "new’ stuff mentioned. But, I don’t speak/read German either.

Tone wheel organ, granular synth, surround, 32 outputs, AudioWarp.

I would have preferred a proper anouncement.

But I already know for a few days… I just bought Halion 4.5 and got a Halion 5 license, which is a nice suprise.

HALion 5

The new version of Steinberg’s VST sampler HALion beyond the limits of virtual sampling and sound design software.
New instruments and sound sources as well as new effects and more form the basis for a powerful, inspiring instrument and let HALion the centerpiece of your modern sound design and production environment.

Feature Highlights:
• Advanced Sampler and powerful sound creation system designed for the demands of professional users
• Up to 192 kHz resolution, 32 stereo outputs and 6-channel surround support
• Powerful multi-timbral audio engine with disc streaming sample playback, tone wheel organ simulation and virtual analog synth engine and granular
• Outstanding sound library with over 2500 electronic sounds and impressive acoustic instruments
• Flexible user interface with multi-monitor support allows you to create and save your own window and screen kits
• AudioWarp offers advanced time-stretching and pitch-shifting functionality
• Full support of VST Expression 2 for intelligent processing of articulations within Cubase
• FlexPhraser modules produce beats, arpeggios and complex tonal phrases
• MegaTrig for easy programming of playing styles and articulations
• Large collection of high-end audio effects, including convolution reverb REVerence, VST Amp Simulation and much more
• Cross-platform compatible with Windows (VST 3, VST 2.4) and OS X (VST 3, AU) plug-in support, including stand-alone version

I wonder if the new flexphraser will allow us to create our own.

I bet there is some marketing guy who said something like “no, we can’t sell a feature like this - focus on a black background and zoom functionality instead. And introduce a new standard, like we did with this amazing “quadruple clicking” idea which really no other company has.”

most probably will have to upgrade the 3 week old top of the range DAW just to run it !