Logic Pro X is out.

Damn. I need this workflow in Cubase 7:

Everything on hand. No floating windows, closing when click on any other place. Logic is fast. Maybe they’ll do it for PC again ? ProTools did.

I find that it’s impossible to get automation nodes to show up on a dark background in Cubase because the nodes are always black.

You mean that One-Window-Handling in Logic? I hate it. Because I use 3 TFT´s. Love the workflow in Cubendo.
In Cubase you´re also very fast - or faster - with the use of own shortcuts, e.g.

i agree – shortcuts, macros (although buggy in cubendo), workspaces… it’s where the speed is at. if you’re content sticking to logic’s implementation it’s great, but once you want to start customizing you’re in trouble.

Me too +1

MC

To use Logic X you need to have purchased an expensive Mac fairly recently(only works with 10.8.4). And thats just to open it, say nothing of using it for large projects. Last time I checked Steinberg didnt make or sell computers.

+1

And you`re not?
To use PCIe cards(which a lot of us audio pros are) on the new Mac “Pro” you need to buy expensive add ons to an already expensive computer, and thats right? Or maybe I should sell my perfectly good SSL PCIe card and converter at a huge loss to buy myself something more Mac “Pro” friendly? Seems right to you maybe, but not to me.
And only 4 USB slots? Pro? Come on!

++1 :unamused:

Or maybe build a custom mac?

Thats what i run, Win 8 and OSX on the same pc.

I’ve got nothing against windows, but there’s nothing wrong with a mac either.

Think outside the box, build your own machine if you want a “mac”, don’t build one if not, make some music.

Cubase lacks stuff, logic lacks stuff. I prefer Cubase, but still, no daw is perfect. I’m curious as to why cubase still lacks an easy way to do Bounce in place, where is clip automation as in FL or Live?

I wonder at times if the makers of these DAWs out there are just stubborn and refuse to use features that their competition already have implemented. I think cubase would attract more users with automation clips and B-inplace. It’s the most complete daw out there.

What is that. .a PC… ? Hehe

I’ve got nothing against windows, but there’s nothing wrong with a mac either.

Depends on the concept of “wrong”… overpriced hardware is wrong in my book.

Cubase lacks stuff, logic lacks stuff. I prefer Cubase, but still, no daw is perfect. I’m curious as to why cubase still lacks an easy way to do Bounce in place, where is clip automation as in FL or Live?

Don’t consider that an advantage based on my work methods. …same reason why I use Live, but in many ways is pretty useless. … personal preference methinks?

Btw garage band is considered popular, and yet I could never understand the attraction. …one man’s rubbish another’s slice of heaven?

I

Cubase is the most complete daw i think, I used logic for five years or something but switched when c6.5 came out. There’s something about the workflow there that suits me, key commands cover alot of things you cant cover in logic. Never tried garageband, if it’s like a semi logic app (?) then why not just buy logic?

Looking forward to the release of Bitwig Studio. I feel it will be the best complementing DAW for Cubase users.

I see nothing that would make me bother with LPX . Plus, Apple’s communication with their DAW users is non-existent.

Steinberg is #1 for pro-Audio .

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Yes, The GUI is very nice.

The C7 mixer has a LOT of extra power features over the LPX mixer, though. Most basic (and important) advantage is that the Logic Pro mixer has NO support whatsoever for mouse-over scrolling parameters. Used to quickly nudging values as you mouse over? Forget it. In Logic you ALWAYS click. Heck, sometimes you even need to hold the mouse click down for an extended period. (something I’m not fond of C7 adopting!)

For those of us whining about all the extra clicking in C7 mixer… play with Logic for a day…

I believe Cubase will catch up to Logic Pro X’s appearance faster than Logic Pro will catch up to Cubase’s functionality.

I was thinking about trying Logic. I thought I was missing out on something. People I’ve talked to that use it, speak highly of it. Now I don’t think I’ll waste my time with it. There’s definitely been some good info in this thread especially on how Logic compares to Cubase. From everything I’m seeing on here, Logic is a step backwards. Besides, if I ever want to use Cubase on a PC I can…I’d be SOL if I wanted to do that with Logic.

I tried certain DAWS in the past and came back to cubase as usual, so I’ll stick to cubase:)

Exactly my experience. There’s too many missing shortcuts and workflows in other DAWs, it’s always a step back for power users.

Logic X is actually a terrific DAW, and it’s lighter on resources then Cubase on my machine. Nice bounce in place function built right in. ES2 still sounds fantastic. Logic is a solid choice.

However, I’ve always been frustrated with the mixer and routing in Logic. Audio and midi editing in Cubase are still way ahead of Logic. Cubase just seems more intuitive to me. And I still like the Cubase GUI better, even over LPX.

I can make music in either DAW, but I just prefer working in Cubase.

Having switched to PC based DAW , Cubase 7 being my primary DAW of choice. LPX has no place in PC land.

Good luck to all Apple / LPX users and fans :sunglasses:

Word!
{‘-’}