We want the buttons back!

Bredo, I agree on all of your points!

As I said - performance & stability is great - I am most sure that the latest version is capable for serious heavy duty sessions. It is just not easy to work with the mixing desk - which is the heart of the software when you mix.

The “old” mixer gave much more valuable info at a glance, without being disturbing.

You’re very right. Thats why I turned back to N5.5.6.

I do not mean that the new mixing desk has to be changed back completely. They will never do it cause it is the advertising object number one. And on all those pictures it looks great! Beside some smaller things it even looks great on my DAW… I attached a pic…

But I am sure it is possible to make enhancements which will turn that beast to something you can use after you get used to it.

Maybe it would have been better to first try out the Demo or/and try out only Cubase… Instead of that I updated Nuendo/Nek as well. Now that update sits on the shelf. But well - it was like it was with Nuendo 5. Nuendo 5 never did it for me - but with N5.5 I finally have a version which is LOVE. So it is no problem to stay there, maybe one day N6 will be usable - till then Steinberg should use my money not for putting out iPad apps - they should put out N6.1 or something while ACTUALLY LISTENING TO WHAT THE USERS SAY…

I think the hardcore-users comments, wishes, needs and input together with what Steinberg can do can make a great software… Everytime when Steinberg does it for their own it will be something which is great in theory but not usable in real life…