POLL: Clicking and fiddling in the new mixer.

I can’t comment on the CR as I use hardware for that.

I have to say though that I click much less with the new mixer.

For example I know that not being able to see the ins routing in the edit window next to the plugins involves some clicking, but seeing the group next to the channel, being able to jump between edit windows of groups and contained channels and inputs, being able to search for channels and being able to do all these things straight from the edit window is more important to me and saves me loads of time compared to N5. I don’t have to switch views between the main mixer and the edit window to make changes to all the channels in a group for example. So for me the edit window is now more usable than it was before.
Do I miss the on/off function for plugins? Definitely Yes. Would I like to be able to customise the edit window view more? Maybe yes.

The main mixer window looks good (also to my clients) and is really functional in my opinion as well. It’s highly customisable and all the shortcuts on top make life easier. The channel visibility and zones are very handy. I like the way I don’t have to click to switch between inserts, meters, sends etc and all I have to do is simply scroll up and down with the mouse wheel and I can see and change everything on my channel. Copying plugins is brilliant.
I’d like the left/right channel scrolling to be faster though. Also the sizes of objects could be improved a bit.

It’s a new way of working which took a bit of time to get used to but I definitely click less than N5 the more I adapt to it.
Maybe other people have a totally different way of working and do click more now than before.

I can’t vote on this poll as it’s basically asking “Do you want to click more or less” and it’s taking for granted the fact that you click more on N6 mixer vs older versions. Of course everyone is going to answer they want to click less…
If it was something like “Do you think you click more on N6 mixer vs older versions - Yes/No” then the results would make more sense.