POLL: Clicking and fiddling in the new mixer.

Hi Big K, I do mainly music production/recording/mixing with the occasional post work for TV and occasional mixing/surround mixing for music TV.

Hi Headlands,
I respect all your viewpoints as well and actually I agree with you for the most part on most points that you make here. And yes, of course I’ll be happier with even less clicking :slight_smile:

I also have issues with the new mixer that I mentioned in my previous post. But I like this mixer much more than the old one and although I click more on some functions, I click much less to do other things which actually speeds up my work and I click less overall. That’s why I mentioned the new functions and I believe they are relevant.
So overall, not function specific, if a project was taking me x amount of time to mix in N5, a similar project now takes me less time after having learnt and incorporated some of the new functions in my workflow. So I suppose I click less, haven’t counted though :slight_smile:
Maybe I was using the N5 mixer in a non efficient way and the N6 fits more my style of working, I don’t know.

As I said I like the new mixer design more and I would not like to see the old buttons back, at least not in the way they were in N5 as I believe they would clutter the interface and I like the current cleaner look. I’d like to see improvements that match the new design and not reverting back to the old design.
For example, I’d like to see the on/off function back to the plugins that I really miss, but not the old buttons as I think they would clutter the interface. Maybe command/ctrl+click to switch on/off and alt+click to bypass or something similar.

So Yes I would like things improved and less clicking for some problem functions and visibility improvements, but with changes that match the new design, but No I don’t like more or would like to revert to the old N5 design as it was mentioned by some people in this thread as my workflow has actually improved with the new mixer.