How to make WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM

Hi PG,

I thought I tried the optimize header checkbox both ways but I’ll try again tomorrow and see if it helps. Thanks for reviewing the files your promptness is genuinely appreciated!

And Rat,
I appreciate your response and efforts to help as well. A little more backstory here could help I suppose so here goes: My client is a very experienced audio programmer/coder and as the saying goes " this ain’t either of our first rodeo"! I can assure you there is a legitimate issue with the files and Its definitely not “something that your client has seen on the internet and believes he 'needs.” I’m working with this client on projects that use a custom built audio player and the .wav files I’ve delivered that I made in Wavelab 8 won’t load in that audio player however the very same .wav files work if I use Audacity to open and re-save them with the settings of Wav (Microsoft) Signed 16bit PCM which is an Audacity menu option for exports. So the problem is real and repeatable but the question is why? What is different. It’s got us both scratching our heads.

The client told me the .wav files made from Wavelab either had missing headers, (which I believe was an anomaly as I can’t recreate that error) or the Wavelab .wav files had extra “chunks” fields with data in them. I believe it was the instrument and sampler fields. Since, I never entered or edited the metadata I don’t know how or why those extra “chunks” would be included but this is the only clue I’ve got so I’m trying to see what the difference in headers between Wavelab .wav files and Audacity .wav files might be.

Thanks again for any and all help.
And a big shout out of thanks to PG. Its rare that in this day and age that users get to contact the main dev of a program and I try not to abuse that privilege. There may be gripes on forums about this feature or that but when push comes to shove, PG’s presence here is something no Wl user should take for granted.