eLicenser - Poor Quality?

No, a license can be on only 1 dongle at a time. If you want that you have to buy 2 licenses and 2 dongles.
But you can of course move your dongle from 1 pc to the next and use Cubase on both, just not at the same time.

thanks though so …sm

We have released three different versions of the USB-eLicenser case over the years and the current incarnationis pretty solid (and shorter than the first one). So any replacement you buy for old USB-eLicensers that came with Nuendo 2 or Cubase SX 3 should be an improvement.

I got mine about 7 months ago… isn’t “very solid” my cheap 8gb Imation Usb is more robust I say.

Why did you buy Steinberg software if you knew the dongle was not to your taste ?
After all you seem to complain about it a lot :wink:

I think that ilok 2 is much more robust, but at the same time, elicenser software is more stable than ilok license manager (or the former web browser system).

My Steinberg key is ok at the moment, but it seems more fragile than my ilok 1 and 2.

I payed for the software I liked CUBASE… not the dongle… I always enter in arguments with other people that trash Cubase over Profuls and so. I’m “almost” a Cubase fan boy, but when something is bad, is bad, period.

or Are you implying that will be better use a cracked version? :confused:

No im not implying you should try before you buy im asking a the question , why buy a software and then continually moan about it’s security system when you knew before you bought the software that that is how it works ???

Oh, I do have a little problem with the “use a USB for your licence”, but is just that, a little problem, but I do have BIG problem with the fragile material and construction of the dongle.

If the elicencer is need for steinberg, ok, I will use it, but please, If I will pay 50 bucks for it at least give me something string that can handle hard work. The actual elicencer isn’t a solid device, is a fragile one. I have a problem with THAT.

Cheers!

Good news.

According to the following interview (late May 2016), regarding the current half-sized model of eLicenser, MIDIFAN was informed by Steinberg that they are planning to use metal in lieu of plastic to improve the endurance of its incarnation.

http://www.midifan.com/modulearticle-detailview-5383.htm

Same here. Nuendo 3 and sx1 dongles. No problems. One of them used to travel with me all the time doing location recording. I guess I’m lucky too!

I’d be into a metal version, my two keys have seen better days… sounds promising.

Hi,

It’s all in Chinese?!

Ta,

Paul

Hi,

Here is one I started a while back:

Ta,

Paul

Yes. However, you could contact Steinberg official to confirm it.

Hi,

It seems (to me) to be a bit of a waste of time and money to design a new dongle when a replacement model was only released in January! The rumor was that the aforementioned was going to be of the metal-casing type. I hung on for about 4 x months (for it’s release) only to find it was the same flimsy PLASTIC type albeit a little shorter in it’s length. And, of course, it was more expensive!

I have many friends who are on Mac and not one of them has ever had an iLok issue. That is the honest truth!

Ta,

Paul

The shorter length actually makes the dongle sturdier. For example the current dongle is fair bit less likely to break after being accidentally dropped.

Hi,

Its the inserting/ejecting and general transporting around which makes it prone. Which ever way you look and it and irrespective of the precautions one might take, the damn thing is not even fit for amateur usage. I am glad I am not a professional studio business who replies upon it’s functionality solely for my income!

Paul

That’s why a metal incarnation is of vital importance.
We are all fed up with its current plastic incarnation, comrade.

Thanks Shiki,

Glad to here that someone else feels the same way.

Since around 2011, I have spent nearly 100GBP on five eLicensors. And I don’t have any choice other than to keep replacing it because otherwise I can not use my Cubase! Steinberg are in a win-win situation!

Ta,

Paul