POLL: Clicking and fiddling in the new mixer.

The issue for me is that the mixer used to give me a clear overview of the mix - which is surely the entire point of it? This included plugin states. It took single mouse clicks to activate and deactivate plugins. Hover buttons are technically clever but a nightmare practically. and if these changes are to suit a hardware controller that (I suspect) a tiny proportion of users will buy (useless for me, for instance, recording and editing on the road), then the cart is surely before the horse. If necessary, give us a choice of two mixer window formats. That would please everyone.

M.

Hi Big K, I do mainly music production/recording/mixing with the occasional post work for TV and occasional mixing/surround mixing for music TV.

Hi Headlands,
I respect all your viewpoints as well and actually I agree with you for the most part on most points that you make here. And yes, of course I’ll be happier with even less clicking :slight_smile:

I also have issues with the new mixer that I mentioned in my previous post. But I like this mixer much more than the old one and although I click more on some functions, I click much less to do other things which actually speeds up my work and I click less overall. That’s why I mentioned the new functions and I believe they are relevant.
So overall, not function specific, if a project was taking me x amount of time to mix in N5, a similar project now takes me less time after having learnt and incorporated some of the new functions in my workflow. So I suppose I click less, haven’t counted though :slight_smile:
Maybe I was using the N5 mixer in a non efficient way and the N6 fits more my style of working, I don’t know.

As I said I like the new mixer design more and I would not like to see the old buttons back, at least not in the way they were in N5 as I believe they would clutter the interface and I like the current cleaner look. I’d like to see improvements that match the new design and not reverting back to the old design.
For example, I’d like to see the on/off function back to the plugins that I really miss, but not the old buttons as I think they would clutter the interface. Maybe command/ctrl+click to switch on/off and alt+click to bypass or something similar.

So Yes I would like things improved and less clicking for some problem functions and visibility improvements, but with changes that match the new design, but No I don’t like more or would like to revert to the old N5 design as it was mentioned by some people in this thread as my workflow has actually improved with the new mixer.

I totally agree with you as well and I apologise for my long mumbling on my previous posts.
I only intervened as I felt that lots of people wanted the old mixer back to which I do not agree and had to express that opinion.
I am sure that yourself and other more experienced users than me can have a more constructive input to Steinberg as to what needs to be changed so that the workflow becomes even better, so although I’m happy overall, I hope to become even happier with the next update :slight_smile:

… the “old” design looks and feels fresher than the “new” one, though … sigh

My now 53 years old :open_mouth: eyes tell me the same…
I still vote strongly for less clicks and less question marks.

This is probably the right mixer for the 96 kbit/s MP3, mono ( who needs 2 ears? )
energy drink hooked gaming generation.
But, hey, I won’t be in the job in a 10 years time, anmyore,…I hope…
:wink:

Big K

All is ok I heard a rumor that steinberg is going to give nuage to all the owners that are affected ( sorry own and have followed)the steinberg brand, the new nuage software interface,with hard ware adaption @ 20,000 e they will get it back with future sales of the nuage software interface, which rumore has it the name will be changed to, and I for one commend steinberg for there foresight and good marketing expertise. See and you where all doubting there motives, shame on you,ssssssss.

tom

I hope that Steinberg pays attention to the conversation between Headlands and Neutron Studios. I am guessing that it reflects how most of us feel. Overall the new mixer is faster but I would love to see less clicking.

Yesterday, to save processing power, I wanted to turn off every plugin on a channel I wasn’t going to use. Opening each plugin, clicking it off, closing it, opening the next one…slow and unnecessary. I hate now having to right click for a menu to invert eq gain. It used to be a button. I used to be able to click on a send and have the first effect of the fx channel would pop up. It doesn’t have to be a trade off does it? Lets have the best of all worlds.

Dean

Today I’ve open a old project in N5.5 and I was happy. The new N6 Mixer looks tidier maybe and the controlroom part with meters are good and easy to manage, but this hover things make me total nervous and it’s tiring. Yes please, give us the Buttons back! There is so much free space for this. And for the channelstrip … it sounds nice, but its difficult to set it right with these small buttons, so I use only Tapesat. BTW, I don’t need a scalable mixer, because with every change in dimensions, I have to search the things new with my mouse. My mixer is on my secound monitor, with always the same dimensions, so I hit the buttons in N5 mixer almost blind. I’ll begin my next project in N5.5 again.

Man you’re really becoming annoying…
Why all the hate ?
It seems you don’t even realize how you come across.

To the subject of this poll and your control room crusade :
I don’t mind clicking more, I don’t find the mixer unworkable.
I have lots of work that I achieve in Nuendo 6 daily.
I voted 2.
I open two control rooms if I need to see meters and destinations.
I don’t wish you to get banned.
Keep your private warnings well… private if they’ve been sent privately or else, what is your goal ? That we stand up for you ?
Jake68, get out of Lydiot now !

^Agree with this.

In my humble opinion, Lydiot, we’re all aware of the issue you and 69 other users (according to this poll) have with the Control Room Mixer.

We’ve all spent thousands of dollars on the software too.

Your “poll” polled less than 100 people. That’s a poll of most people who visited the thread in general.

That’s not to say we’re not sympathetic to the cause. Just that we’re all in the know that you don’t like it. Just about more than anyone else.

It’s clear.

I’m not sure why you responded publicly to a PM either, but whatever. But it seems odd, unless you’re trying to bring attention to the fact that someone, perhaps on the management side, doesn’t believe you are handling yourself in a manner that adheres to the forum guidelines. I don’t know whether or not that’s legit, but if you’re confused why we’re confused, that might explain it. I would be equally confused as to why I’m taking up space on this thread talking about this anyways. I’m sure that’s why Timo shut down the GUI thread as I was responding to you - it’s all been discussed before, it’s not changing.

Far be it for me to speak for everyone on the forum, though.

So, what’s next?

Cheers all.

I’m with Bifop and Phonetical. Just wrapped a very heavy indie feature and loved working in N6. Sure, some things changed but a (to me) slight workflow change or two and I was just as fast. And frankly, there are features in N6 that made the project much more manageable.
As to the PM question, if words/phrases like “…crap move…” and “…idiocy…” are considered polite in your world…

John

You know guys, you’re all absolutely correct. I’ll stop posting negative stuff from now on. I’ll keep that on other websites.

I’ll also try to post less in general here.

Ah, of course.

You have many valid points and a good understanding of Nuendo, Lydiot. It would be a shame if your input was left out in future versions.

You’re suggesting that we’re against posting negative thoughts on the design of Nuendo, and we all know that’s false. We all have our gripes.

And although you deleted your post that we were responding to, understand that as users that have paid thousands of dollars, as paying customers just like you, we are just as driven to keep the Control Room the same. I cannot imagine you would expect us to let you push this forward without speaking up in support of the new CR Mixer design.

Good luck.