Korg NanoPad & Cubase 5

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software

Korg NanoPad & Cubase 5

Postby SynthMinx » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi,
I've just obtained a nanopad & plugged it into the USB port. When I fire up NI Battery, I can't get anything from the pads. The XY controller is making the midi activity meter bounce, but nothing from the pads.
In device setup, the nanopad and my EMU0404 are active.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can get midi through fine from my Jupiter 80 via the EMU's MIDI ports, but nothing from the pads. Can anyone help?! :?
SynthMinx

Re: Korg NanoPad & Cubase 5

Postby Bane » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:36 pm

I have one of these, maybe I can help.

Is the Nanopad set as the MIDI input routing in the track's inspector? Are you using an instrument track or the rack?

Also, make sure that there are samples assigned to the note values you are hitting. In some VST's the samples are assigned to a certain range that your Nanopad may not be set to. Try using the Scene function in this case.
Asus R500A-RS52, Windows 8, 2.6gHz i5 -3230M, 6GB RAM,

Cubase Artist 7.0.6, Wavelab Elements 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, The Grand 3, Melodyne Essential, Superior Drummer, EZDrummer and Pop! EZX, Samson CO1, Yamaha P-35, Mackie MR5mk2 monitors, and more....

My tunes on: Soundcloud
Bane

Re: Korg NanoPad & Cubase 5

Postby SynthMinx » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Many thanks, but the problem is apparently a common problem with the nanopad. The fix is fairly simple. There is a YouTube video which I followed and now my nanopad works great. Here it is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spfYhzyjP6g
Hope this helps others! :)
SynthMinx

Return to Older Cubase versions