What do we want to use Cubasis for?

I have to think I must be the VIC 20 user wishing for an ancient 4 track… :smiley: In its concentrated form, I guess this might be correct analysis but it is also something like " guilty with an explanation "

My primary Cubase use is a large tower desktop with multiple monitors in a room set up strictly for music. A full size keyboard with more guitars than anyone could really use and more cables than I have used in 45 years of band travel. Laptops I have but don’t really see a big difference when connected to interfaces and more wires for improved portability.

This iPad has allowed me to sit in front of the TV, talk to my wife a bit ( trust me, an important component ) and eliminating a computer for 90% of the reading, searching and other things we all use it for and experiment with recordings and ideas using Cubasis . If I were able to attach something like the iO Dock, only better, it eliminates packing up all that stuff to record my little quartet or larger in live environments. I have tried the internal mics and there is almost a point where they do an ok job. With a little more control, I know I can create lasting recordings of our playing.

I would love to have the guys set up in my studio and record tracks but I am so happy just to have the live stuff, I can forego the high end studio tracks. After all, some really great albums of my era were just live set-ups. Ten years after, grateful dead, old and in the way, Jefferson airplane, lee michaels, …you get it. Yup, that’s my era. Plug the iPad into a few mics via a small self contained interface…ooh!

This may explain why any sounds with words like techno make me run the other way