New Steinberg and 3rd-Party Sample Libraries for H5 ?

hahaha oh dear , well whats the point of that , they could of said that about HS2 , what a load of crap , a sound creation system designed for you not to fiddle with it’s parameters :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The point is they try to aim at different professions with one tool: Producers, composers/musicians and sounddesigners. Every target group has its own wishes. For composers it can be more libraries for producers it can be extensive sampling manipulation or loop functions and for sounddesigners it can be extensive sound creation possibilities.

I can understand that but I think Steinberg needs to make up it’s mind on that comment , you either have a workstation that’s cpu hungry and use it for sound design or it’s a waste of money basically and a lot more cpu hungry than a lot of other players out there .
HS2 needs to be able to import H5 presets and then the sound designers can flow on H5 and the composers can flow on hs2 and what ever library’s they like .
The whole thing about 3rd party libraries should of been asked for in hs2 really and not for H5

[… one more time …]

I think it would be great if you could create .vstsound files using H5 that were playable in HALion Sonic SE. It would be the opposite to Native Instruments … with them you get a free player, but have to pay for the libraries, and if you get a free library, it will only play in the full version of Kontakt.

HSSE comes with all editions of Cubase, so Steinberg already have an almost “free” player in the form of Cubase LE, and if there was a community-contributed free library for HSSE it would be a huge incentive for people to try out Cubase, and consequently HSSE and H4.

I think it’s a rather interesting move to focus on a broader audience. The lines between the different professions is getting thiner and thiner these days. A lot of musicians also produce and create their own sounds for instance. The fact you are able to modify a library at sample level is a big plus over Halionsonic and gives you the possibility to modify the base material to something completely different. The fact Halion has it’s own synth engine to build sounds from scratch is great tool for sound designers but also for producers.

The hardest part is to keep everybody happy when you target three groups with one product. A risk can be the implemented tools are mediocre instead of top notch compared to separate products that are aimed at doing one kind of task and are being developed by dedicated teams.

well , in HS2 you are Limited to Libraries which are made by Steinberg only , it even lacks features like a simple sample import and sample mapping , you can´t even import other Formats into HS2 ! if you need this simple features User are forced to buy HALion (ok you can buy other samplers instead) ! alot of Composer layering different Libraries together etc , you can´t do that easy with HS2 !

A lot of good points made.

Yes, though orchestral costs big $$$$, & what developer is going to commit to that kind of upfront expenditure for a smaller potential market and thereby less chance of a return? When there’s a perfectly good sampler with a ‘free’ player out there with a large user base already in place.

Kontakt’s long since won the ‘pre-pack’ library market, and I don’t think SB are interested in tackling that market again (they’ve already been there with the HALion Player, which didn’t go so well…) so they’re approaching it from a different angle. UVI are giving it a shot, and good luck to them as M5v3 is a great product, but equally it points more to the direction of where the 4th generation samplers like H5 are heading, towards comprehensive sound design platforms.

IF $USEAGE="rompler" THEN $PRODUCT='Kontakt'

OK, a bit of a cheap-shot, but I wonder how many Kontakt users actually ever crack open the wrench? Do people mainly upgrade from the free player to take advantage of the smaller/cheaper non-protected libraries? Only NI market research know… However, for people who do want a powerful sample-based instrument, mainly do their own programming/sound design, and are not interested in coding : that’s where HAL5 and the like come in.

I understand what you’re saying, that the install base won’t grow without more libraries being available, and i’d love to see that too, really :slight_smile:, but it’s a bit of a chicken and egg situation. If the factory library was poor then there’d be a ready-made hole to fill, but it’s actually one of the best and most comprehensive.

Agreed, and then every Cubase user becomes a potential customer, a much more attractive proposition. Not sure how much of the code-base is shared though.

Judging by the amount of activity on the NI KSP forum, and the fact that only a single book on the subject has been published (that I know of), very, very few …

I would think so, absolutely. Up to K4.2.2, it also has its uses as an “in-between” step in converting certain formats, i.e. lots of stuff will convert to Kontakt format, which you can then load into HALion.

I would be surprised if the player engines in HALion, HALion Sonic and HALion Sonic SE were not identical.

My Self, Im not a pro (I don’t make money by making music ) but Im very serious and
passionate at creating. Midi controllers and software instruments are my main thing,

When HAlion 5 came out I was blown away, Cubase7 and HALion 5 is all I been using now…
A powerful duo , So much so that it has made a big impact on me in my music life :laughing:
Sure I like to see more libraries, New libraries and development could also mean new technologies
aswel

Me I just Hope Steinberg gonna make other plugin “compatible” with HALion like “The Grand 4” & " Groove Agent 4" and other future one ! And why not after That some other manufacturer… :wink: :wink:
But for sure it’s a great instrument for the creativity !

Hi,

I wish YAMAHA would focus on making some of the best sound libraries for Halion 5 and Halion Sonic 2 !

Sadly, they are still stuck in the world of Hardware (workstations like the Motif), where limitations are all over the place, why don’t they just move to the fast-paced world of software, and sound development.

YAMAHA has a lot of experience in sampling, especially when it comes to squeezing some of the best sounds in the industry into their Motif line, which has a lot of limitations compared to what Halion 5 & HS 2 can offer. It is just logical to me that YAMAHA should be the driving force behind the sound/library development for the Halion line.

So, why doesn’t YAMAHA focus on developing high-quality, first class sample libraries for H5 & HS2, in addition to developing some innovative synthesis technologies for VST synths, Granular is getting more popular now that Steinberg has done this right with PadShop Pro, and gone to the next step with Halion 5. So, why stop here, YAMAHA / Steinberg can introduce some other innovative synthesis technologies (i.e. The next generation of Physical Modeling, New FM based synths, …etc. etc.)

If third-party sound developers don’t want to deal with developing sound libraries for Halion 5, then YAMAHA should do it. (forget about 3rd-party developers), they can focus on developing for Kontakt :slight_smile:

Just my 3 Cents on this topic.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

True. And I’d defenetly buy some of the stuff.
I spared a lot of money not buying Kontakt extensions
and upgrades. It’s all yours, Steinberg. :smiley:

The last (and first) 3rd party development was Neo Soul Keys.
And it is awesome!

I hope that the new versions of the Grand and especially Groove Agent
will be based on the Halion Engine, so we can use 'em standalone or inside
of Halion.

And if Yamaha’d spend some time in library-development
the results would be great, I guess.

YAMAHA has a lot of experience in sound development for HW. I wish they would focus more on Software Sound development, especially with Halion 5 being a great sampler, and offers a lot of flexibility, and they don’t have to deal with HW limitations when it comes to memory, and streaming from disk should give them a huge advantage to create some top-notch professional sounding sample libraries for Halion 5.

If YAMAHA & Steinberg work closely together to develop some amazing libraries for Halion 5. They will make a lot of us Halion 5 and HS2 users even happier :smiley:

imho. This will boost Halion 5’s popularity, and give them a new revenue channel. Why not do it YAMAHA/Steinberg ?

I just hope they don’t ignore doing this. Since Halion 5 is really lacking when it comes to high-quality sample libraries.

We shall see if this becomes a reality in the near future.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

I guess this would be quite easy for them to do as the
samples are already recorded. They could start with the samples
of the Motif XF7. Would be great stuff.

There’s some extra money to make.

Why emulate a Motif XF which has lots of restrictions as far as memory is concerned, even as a starting point ? They need a fresh new start. Forget the Motif XF. They can do a million times better with Halion 5.

They have a wide open horizon with Halion 5 ! They should start fresh, and develop some of the best sounding Professionally produced libraries for H5 and HS2. I see no reason to use the Motif XF as a standard, or a starting point.

My bets are on Yamaha, that said I really wish there were more acoustical libraries.

Why, because sometimes it has to be possible/easy to grab a sound and start working creatively instead of going into " deep very deep" sound creation and lose the creativity boost you just had! With other words yes I could buy Kontakt but I do not want to because I have Halion and not a big pile of money.

So come on with those libraries we’re waiting! (this is for the 3rd party developers If any reading at all :imp: )

Halion has such a great ability to produce high quality sounds. I really do hope that a 3rd party company or Yamaha would begin to produce sound packs for it, even using the built in preset sounds would be great, specifically setting up performance patches. :smiley:

Gary

Still no libraries for Halion 5 :unamused:

Come On Yamaha/Steinberg, and Third-Party developers, give us some great libraries for Halion 5.

Still no new libraries … more Acoustic instruments

Yup… Still no new libraries for Halion 5. :unamused:

I wonder if we will see this ever happen ?

Steinberg … Any feedback on this ? Please delight us with some great sounding Halion 5 libraries.

Thanks,
Muziksculp