We want the buttons back!

I’m not a “update/upgrade now” guy. Since steinberg announce and release Nuendo 6, and after i read about the changes in this version, i wanted to see the opinions before i made the upgrade.
I’m a nuendo user since the first version. And, for the first time, after to many years, i don’t want to make the upgrade… My clients like me and my studio because of my speed and efficiency in my work. Thats why they chose me, not other studios. I have my studio full until the end of the year, and i don’t need to waste time, and make fool of myself in front of my clients, searching for the button, or the menu or whatever.
Sometimes developers forget some simple laws for people that have a studio!

FIRST OF ALL, We don’t need stupid updates and upgrades. We need a DAW, first of all that works stable. It’s horrible to have errors, crashes, restarts in front of clients. They are there to record, not to see your computer crash.
And off course. If i’m recording a live gig, i need a DAW that records the gig… I can’t stop a live show because my DAW decided to crash because the update, function, driver poop or whatever…

SECOND, some of us started to work on a analog mixer. And what an analog mixer have on a strip channel?
Gain, Phase, phantom (not needed on a DAW, of course), hi pass, low pass, insert On/off and pre or post Eq bottons. Next - 4 band - Eq - Highs ( Q, gain and frequency), High Mid ( Q, gain and frequency), low mid ( Q, gain and frequency) and Low ( Q, gain and frequency). more Bands are allways welcome. Next - Sends - For any send we need gain, PRE and POST fader botton and On/ Off button. Then Fader, On/off, mute, solo, etc… It is basic right?? Don’t mess around with the basics! Keep it simple. We don’t buy DAWs or mixing desks because of the lights or for it’s beauty… We buy it, first off all, because it works.

THIRD, On a studio session, we start miking the band, setting the monitoring, then making gains for recording and at the say time do what a monitor engineer do on stage. Making a mix that the musician feels good and comfortable.
A musician won’t be able to make is best performance if is isn’t comfortable. The control room was a very well thinking idea, but sometimes we need to mix more than 4 musicians on a studio, you know?.. This is a professional DAW, remember? Not a “4 member garageband” DAW…
So, alot of us use Gui interfaces, and one of the best things that live digital mixers have, is an option call “sends on fader”. The main control room window have all the options that i need but the mixer don’t needed that crap “send for monitoring”… I need to push a botton that says " drummer", or " bass player" or whatever, and the faders that i use for mixing, could be used for monitoring. Have you tried mixing, the limited 4 member band, with the mouse with that crappie “send”???.. Individual Pan and stereo or mono mix option, absolutely necessary! Good call.

FOURTH If you make an update to make my DAW faster, make it easier to work, more stable, more options that make my work sound better, something that help me being faster, make me good figure in front of my cliente, etc… Great, they are welcome! PLease, just don’t make a new release to make me feel like a stupid in front of a client, like making me use a stupid “search box”, or use the F1 botton, or searching for a button that you decided to change from is normal place. To my clients “this is not possible” phrase it’s not an option. This could be be for you too. And off course:…

Pre-post fader send is ESSENTIAL… Being able to bypass, turn of a plugin is ESSENTIAL.

Thank You

Márcio Silva