[Features] Important new feature suggestions on CMC-Series!

Maybe a more detailed explanation of each thing is in order

Quick Control Banks: is the ability to page through multiple Quick Control sets per track. HS2 has this (sort of) for the zones. But, 8 is just not even close to enough just for stand alone tracks, let alone when you add plugins to the track. There are enough buttons + shift options available already to do this.

Plugin Memory: This is simply the ability to have a QC bank per plugin that automatically gets enabled when the plugin has focus. This would be similar to Automap functionality (although limited to the goofy 8 restriction, that paging would resolve) and make the QC a truly useful device.

EQ Type Select: In EQ mode, it is boggling to me that you can’t select the type. Now, we also need a way to get at the HP/LP section.

Function Mode: For those that don’t have a PD… Preset 16 lets each pad be a Function Key to execute any key Cubase command. I currently have that preset configured to be a really fast Quantize pallet. But, we can already rotate between PAD and Velocity mode. I propose a FUNCTION mode where each preset can be either Velocity, Note, Action or Function. (I’ll get to actions in a sec). The important thing is I could quickly go between a Quantize pallet and say a Warp Pallet, or a Transpose Pallet … etc.

Action Mode for PD: So many drum machines have controls to stutter, reverse, scramble, slow, bit crush the sample being played. It would be cool to set aside some of the notes as mapable/learnable to VSTi controls.

Rotate through Plugins: Come on, this is seriously lacking in Cubase. We need to be able to easily access the plugins on a track. The CH could easily alt mode the previous/next track to scroll through the insert list. Then one of the F buttons could open/close the selected plugin. Obviously if you make the QC tweak above to allow plugin sensitive QCs, this becomes super powerful.