VST Connect & VST Connect SE - Solution Thread

I swear the Performer mistyped the key, or has been told the wrong numbers.
When the engineer clicks the login button and gets a key displayed, he is definitely logged in, and that message says that the Performer was also successfully registered, but no match could be found for the key. Unless maybe there was more than 30 minutes between obtaining and submitting the key.

I can see the key that was generated at my end, with the word “logout” beside it, so I know I am logged in.

Any suggestions?

Does the port forwarding on UDP 51111-13 need to be done on both ends?

Usually ports don’t need to be opened at all anymore. For connecting to the primary connection server which provides the key numbers, there should also be no need. If this fails (message “server not responding”), one of the firewalls on the engineer’s ( Cubase) end is too restrictive and all ports should be opened there. When the peer to peer connection doesn’t work it’s hard to say which side fails, then both can try to forward ports. But again, if you don’t mess around and just use the router and OS firewalls and don’t change too much there or apply additional firewall programs, it should really work “out of the box”.