Cubase and 4K monitors?

Awesome…and definitely huge! lol
Is there a way that you can grab a pic with of the actual set with Cubase open… it will give us a sense of scale :wink:

Definitely appreciate the grabs!! :nerd:

I am enjoying reading this. It is quite over my head technically but I still surprisingly comprehend quite a bit. Read several reviews on this TV and have a question.

Which video cards are you thinking would perform best driving this type of monitor?

I am using an AMD 6700 Radeon HD series card for my 3 dell 22" monitors and have 1 using dvi from the card and 1 hdmi from the card. The third is dvi from the motherboard . All works well but you guys are describing something seemingly superior for the very near future.

Well, scratch that idea… I did a bit more reading on this and it might appear the near future cost-wise is 2-3 years down the road. The 60 fps reality took something like 4 super cards powered with 2 - 1500W power supplies

Very cool stuff however. I love it

i use 2 of these on top of each other with great success with C 7

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/LN32D405E3DXZA

very happy with it

yeah, but that is still crap resolution. Heck those are 720p. A single 30" monitor will have nearly the screen space as both of those combined.

I´m using 2x Full HDs 28# Samsung Monitors in 1920 X 1080 resolution.
I don’t want a screen even smaller then HD resolutions like crazy small 2560x1440. That’s horrible small in my opinion if its not on a 52- 72# screen. How are you expect to work and see and edit things with it? You can’t see?

I have perfect eyesight. :slight_smile: Some 3part software’s GUI is already to small today in 1920 X 1080 resolution. Especially if you are into program and editing your software’s. I don’t know why so many are so afraid of making it bigger? Until the software manufactures keep making these small GUI made for old 800 X 600 resolutions screens, I will stay in HD 1920 X 1080.

Check this horrible small GUIs example. This picture is even zoomed in. :confused:

http://proaudioboutique.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/altiverb7-880px.jpg

I saw UAD 2 start making bigger GUI! Finally someone gets it.
Its more then welcome. :wink:

Best Regards
Freddie

Hm. I am using a 27 inch 2540X1440, it’s perfect. Small stuff like Kontakt 5 is small, but not too small. I have presbyopia something fierce too.

My son uses 3 27 " monitors and a 42" TV monitor. He is into games and I am quite impressed when I go to his house. That surround sound and video brings some big experiences to the entertainment portion.
Forgive my dumb question here but…is the purpose of obtaining these 2560 and higher resolution numbers is so fonts and graphics look sharper on a large screen ?

I see where a big 4k monitor can provide some massive real estate for mixers and recording functions it seems to be the pixel makeup that I don’t understand

It’s the opposite … it’s simply about real estate. Some high resolution monitors are capable of extremely crisp fonts though … however, they are usually really small.

Yes but don’t forget, you can make your fonts and Icons large…you won’t miss a beat! :nerd:

Except in programs where you can’t :wink:

Sorry but you are wrong my friend. :slight_smile:
NVIDIA video cards and software drivers support 4K monitors on both Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64.

Version: 326.80

Release Summary

This Game Ready driver offers the best gaming experience for Splinter Cell: Blacklist and is also a recommended driver update for the Windows 8.1 Preview. GeForce R326 drivers also provide performance increases for a variety of different games.

New in GeForce R326 Drivers
•Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 320.49 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:
GeForce GTX 770:
◦Up to 15% in Dirt: Showdown
◦Up to 6% in Tomb Raider

GeForce GTX 770 SLI:
◦Up to 19% in Dirt: Showdown
◦Up to 11% in F1 2012

•SLI Technology
◦Added SLI profile for Spinter Cell: Blacklist
◦Added SLI profile for Batman: Arkham Origins

•SHIELD
◦Enables GeForce to SHIELD streaming. Learn more here.

•4K Displays
◦Adds support for additional tiled 4K displays
◦Extended support for tiled 4K features

Additional Details
•Installs new PhysX System Software 9.13.0725.
•Installs HD Audio v1.3.26.4
•Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
•Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
•Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
•Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
•Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

Best Regards
Freddie

The pixels on the 27" are 8% smaller than on a 30", which are 11% smaller than on the 4K Seiki, so the controls on the Seiki will look substantially larger than on your 27".

You assumed wrong.

Note than when comparing TV/monitors, you MUST compare the pixel pitches of each, which are usually listed in the device specifications.

With OSes, like Win/OSX, that specify font and GUI elements in pixels, the size of dialogs, text and other display elements is directly proportional to the pixel pitch for that display device.

If the displays are scaled at 100% in the OS, then text/control/dialogs displayed on a Seiki 50" 4K TV (pixel pitch = 0.265mm) will be 15% larger than on a 27" 2560x1440 monitor (pixel pitch = 0.230mm). Conversely, a 4K TV/monitor would have to be 40.5" to have the same size pixels as that 27".

Now please stop the FUD about how 4K will make everything SO SMALL, and get back to reality!

HDMI 2.0 officially announced.
“The extra bandwidth will allow HDMI 2.0 to carry 4K x 2K* pictures at 50Hz and 60Hz frame rates.”

Hope new Seiki TV’s will support it.

If they release a Firmware update, I would consider buying it the next day. :nerd:

Sad, Seiki is releasing a 55" & 65" BOTH with HDMI 1.4 standards…

ugggh. Missed opportunities there.
I would do the 55" or 50" in a Heartbeat!

:nerd:

Official response from Seiki on their facebook page:
“Like most brands, Seiki is working on introducing HDMI 2.0 models as soon as possible. You can expect models to be available around 2nd quarter next year, if not sooner.”
October 25 at 5:30am

With the competition in the 4K space, the price of the Sony 55K9004A 55" has dropped from UA$5K down to $4K.
This model will be getting a firmware update to HDMI 2.0 at the end of this year.

The significance of this model is that it is by far the cheapest of the name brands, has PASSIVE 3D (their other 55" 4K model is active) with 4 pair of glasses (+2 x dual view for gamers) and several Bluerays optimised for upscaling.

The downside is that it has inbuilt speakers at the side, which makes the TV extra wide, but otherwise, it has a beautiful screen, especially up close.

For me, that’s what makes SEIKI attractive. I don’t want 3D, Speakers, or any additional features that don’t involve making the picture better.

Whoever is the 1st to get (at least) 60hz in a 4k @ the $1k mark will be the studio monitor winner. :sunglasses:

Depending on the black friday deals, I may jump the gun on one if not, I will hold off until 60hz comes along.

:nerd: