VST Connect & VST Connect SE - Solution Thread

Argh! Thanks for your reply, musicullum!

I tried again with him and got the same result: " studio key ##### ##### is not logged in". I gave him the code one number at a time and had him enter it manually. I had him make sure there were no leading or trailing spaces in the key or the username, that there were no capitals in the username, and that there WAS a space between the two sets of numbers in the key. Same thing. FWIW, he is using Win XP.

However…

I tried with another friend, and it connected just like it should - right out of the text book. This seems to rule out anything that I might be doing wrong. He is using Win7.

However…

I had an issue with the second friend. Once connected, he could hear my talk-back mic, and any audio I played through Cubase. I could see his video stream. I could NOT hear him.

It may be relevant that, after being connected for about 30 seconds, I got a recurring error message that said, “continuous sample rate mismatch: please change either your sample rate to 16000 or the artists’ rate to yours.”

Now, when I went to the settings in Cubase Connect, we were both at 128kbps. I changed us both to 320 kbps. No difference. The project sample rate was (and is always) at the default setting of 44.1 khz. I couldn’t find any mechanism to change his sample rate to anything other than the stock list of 128, 192, 256, etc. kbps.

Can you make anything of this?

Thanks!

Chris