Using a Roland JV1010 in Cubase. Please help!

@BriHar: Which manual are you referring to? The operations manual? I consulted page 34 which is “Operations” for the Project Window. Didn’t seem right.

@G-string: I set up the JV1010 as an external instrument as you said to do, installed the JV1010 in the MIDI Device Manager, and then created an Instrument track. It now recognizes the JV1010 as an external plug-in, as both an instrument track and under Devices - VST Instruments. However, I cannot get any sound out of it in Cubase still, and when I open the “edit instruments” window, which should allow me to edit the JV1010 patches like in Sound Diver, all I get is a small window that has a delay and return gain slider control. How do I get to all the parameters I can tweak of each individual patch?

Also, I’ve been told when connecting via MIDI to a device to route the MIDI in and out to the recording interface (Saffire Pro 40). But if I am going to have a MIDI controller to have a MIDI signal AND also use the JV1010 as my external plug-in, how do I do this? I tried routing the MIDI out of my microkorg to MIDI in on the interface, and then the MIDI out of the interface to the MIDI in of the JV1010. It appears the microkorg will still record to software plug-ins this way, but I still can’t get any sound out of my external plug-in (JV1010). Am I setting this up right? If so, what do I do now?

Thanks