Poll: Is Cubasis your first DAW?

Well, since this is my very first post on the Steinburg forum ever I feel I must clarify my answer as yes Cubasis is my first DAW. It is my first computer based DAW but only if you follow that criteria. For years I’ve used my Yamaha AW16G and still do. My reasons being as I have a great distrust in “Swiss Army Knife” systems. I prefer a hammer to only be a hammer and a screwdriver to only be a screwdriver. With my AW16G I wasn’t ever bothered with updates, new apps, new software etc. These are things that I find tend to distract very many musicians from actually creating music. It’s about the limitations.
Unfortunately, one of the limitations finally caught up to me. The AW16G is so old that it doesn’t have USB. AND! It doesn’t tell you when the hard drive is getting close to full.
Without USB, in order to get a song onto my computer, (my wife’s) :wink: , I had to burn a CD first. Plus, one day while recording my friend a message came up telling me that I didn’t have enough space to save what we had recorded. :blush:
I also do a lot of recording on my Korg Kronos but it only has 2 inputs plus USB. When I record I sometimes using a few more than 2 ins.

My one major concern is that I too will get caught up in the vortex of apps and other things.

So now, here I am. I’ve bought a 4th gen iPad with 128 gig, a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 and I’m going to get Cubasis as soon as my wife stops playing games on MY iPad!
I play guitar and bass. Oh yeah, and sing!

Pleased to meet you all

Jeremykeys