Nuage in use?

That is correct. The integration is much beeper than through KC’s.
The old fashioned KC’s can be used together with the Nuage functionalities, so both are still there.

So why would any component of the Nuendo GUI > require > reprogramming to make Nuage work?

Because there are a lot of extra functions and/or some things might have had the need for a redesign to make them work for both (Nuage & standalone).

And the GUI and clicking is what people dislike, not necessarily primarily the functionality of the mixer.

Last thing about the mixer, then we will get back to Nuage questions. I thought I was clear about that.
There are a couple of things most of you seem to forget. The old mixer was becoming a PITA on some screen resolutions, so the resizing is not a fancy iPad-like gimmick. Since screen resolutions are very different from one system to another, and since there are more and more things that need to be displayed in the mixer (and we haven’t seen the end of this), they needed to find a way to squeeze all that information within a concept that worked for each specific configuration. And that is not an easy task. To be clear, I don’t think anyone doubts that there is room for imporvements, but saying that the basic concept is a big mistake is simply not correct. Everyone concentrates on the bits and parts he/she uses the most, and when you isolate these, then indeed the “old” way worked better. But when you keep on piling up stuff, there comes a moment when you need to rearrange in order to keep the overview.

Anyone who wants to continue the general mixer GUI discussion, please continue in another thread.
Do not answer or discuss this any further here, unless it is related to Nuage.
You can copy the comments/quotes to the new destination.

Fredo