Cubasis 1.5 stuttering

I have created a project with a mix of audio(5) and midi(5) tracks . The audio is stuttering & glitching terribly infact the audio quality is disgusting , the project also crashes Cubasis . Anybody any ideas as it is getting really annoying now . This is the first project I have created & it is only 4 bars long , I am using a 64gb ipad 3rd gen

I get stuttering too when I mix audio and MIDI tracks, but have not had any crashes. Try rebooting your iPad and then closing all apps except Cubasis (double click home button then hold apps at the bottom bar until they shake, then X them out - this will not delete the app from your iPad, just close it). Even though I get stuttering in the workspace playback it seems to render fine at mixdown.

Thanks for the reply . I have tried previously , many times, to reboot the ipad and closed all other apps but it doesn’t make any difference , I haven’t tried the mix down yet . I have created a smaller project with less audio and midi tracks and this one seems to be ok but as soon as I load the original project back into cubasis the original stutters like crazy . Is the issue with the number of tracks?

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you experience issues with Cubasis. Could you provide us with some more information about the project that is causing the trouble? For instance:

• Are you using the internal instruments of Cubasis? If yes, which? There are limitations in Micrologue performance if you have several instances of it running.
  • What Audio tracks are these? Audiobus?

We would also be interested in your project file to investigate the issue in-house. You can export it as a zip-archive and send it to me attached to a private message.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Yes I have a few occurrences of micrologue in the same project , on different tracks , what are the limitations of the track numbers in cubasis ,

the audio tracks were created in , korg ms10 , poly six and pasted in through audio paste

Hello,

there are no limitations in track numbers. However, when using several instances of Micrologue, you will sooner or later (depending on the content of the tracks) reach the performance limitations of your device.

Have you already tried to freeze MIDI-tracks?

Kind regards,
Frieder

Hi Frieder,

I have two micrologue tracks in my project. Neither one were frozen. The first one is Brite Octave Strings and the second is Supersweep. Initially, the stuttering only happened during the Supersweep interlude (about 30 sec) until I froze that track. Once I did that the Brite Octave track (which goes through the whole song) started stuttering. Then I froze that one and now I don’t have any stuttering at all. I have numerous other audio tracks that I cut using a ZoomHD16 and imported through MediaBay as .WAV files.

Joe

Hello,

good to hear that freezing solved your issues. Let us know if you experience further issues.

Kind regards,
Frieder