Using a Roland JV1010 in Cubase. Please help!

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay. I was out of town for a few days. I am now successfully using the JV1010 on MIDI and Virtual Instrument tracks. I can switch settings on the JV1010 through all the preset banks, and they all function and change accordingly.

1. However, I still can’t edit any of the patches or presets in Cubase! When I hit edit instruments I still get a small panel which only has Delay and Return Gain. I am unable to tweak the 9 standard parameters and more from Cubase. My photos from one of my earlier posts still stand as far as connections and the JV1010 edit panel I get. I am now running:

microkorg THRU → JV1010 IN
microkorg OUT → Saffire Pro 40 IN
microkorg IN → Saffire Pro 40 OUT

The reason I want the full edit instrument panel is so I can fine tune the “release” for each part of the song. Here’s where some of my questions come in as I’m now figuring out how MIDI works:

1. If I want to fine tune the release in a softsynth plug-in for different parts, all I have to do is copy the track and change the release on each track for different parts. They are independently controllable because the plug-in is tied to each track individually. I’m using the JV1010 as an external plug-in and have the edit panel available, will I be able to copy the track and run different releases on each track as I would a softsynth plug-in?

2. I understand that MIDI is not audio but outputs audio through plug-ins. I assume that when you go to export the audio mixdown, it applies these plug-ins to all MIDI tracks? Otherwise, MIDI could never be outputted on a recording, and you would have to record via audio tracks only, correct?

3. If I’m correct on 3, all you would need to output the JV1010’s settings is having it plugged in and active as an external plug-in during audio mixdown, correct? Do you have to realtime export?

I’m hoping what I’m trying to achieve is possible. I want to be able to finish this recording with tweakable releases in Cubase using my JV1010 for different parts of the song.

Even if I can’t do this, I’m still unable to use the “edit instrument” panel for the JV1010 in Cubase. I am stuck using Sound Diver to tweak anything.