Cubase 6 Compressor & DaTube Problem

Hi,

I don’t have a quick fix, as I haven’t seen this before, but firstly, I don’t think it is likely to be associated with control room and I think that the freeze function is working as expected as it replicates the channel correctly, albeit including the problem.

Furthermore, my system and others I know have always worked fine with both plug-ins, so I don’t think it is a general programming bug.

The compressor will bypass in ‘Constrain delay Compensation’ - but I can see that the button isn’t lit in your example.

I notice that you have the green automation light on the channel - this looks like a more likely area to study. Does the problem disappear when automation is switched off…you can temporarily cancel all automation using the R button above the channel names to see what happens. You can also drop down the layers of automation data beneath the channel name. See what data is there other than the volume.

Do you use a scrub wheel of any kind?- this will bypass plugs when used unless told not to do so in Preferences. Although the bypass light should show.

Does dragging a working compressor from another channel solve the problem ?(Alt/drag the plugin in the mixer section which shows the inserts)

I expect others will chime in with suggestions. For now, my best guess is some buried automation command, maybe inadvertently copied from another channel.

Good luck

P