Cubasis 1.6 available now! - UPDATE

Hi @ all,

Cubasis 1.6 is available now! Here is the complete list of what’s new:

NEW FEATURES

• New pristine audio engine with extended sample rates (44.1/48/96kHz) and bit rates (16/24-bit)*
  • Real-time playback of arbitrary audio file formats (44.1/48/96kHz and 16/24/32 bit) independently of the project’s sample rate and bit depth.
  • Up to 24 assignable physical outputs
  • Assignable metronome output and pan
  • MIDI Clock latency compensation slider
  • Audio input gain adjustment option for audio interfaces and external microphones
  • Register Cubasis at MySteinberg!
    *IMPORTANT: for 96kHz playback/recording we strongly recommend the iPad 4!

IMPROVEMENTS

• Audio engine improvements (audio rendering has been accelerated by a factor of 1.5x to 2.5x).
  • Autoscroll will no longer be activated when all events of a song are visible.
  • Audio input and MIDI connections panel have been combined to the routing panel (both available for audio and MIDI tracks in the inspector).
  • It is now possible to use special characters to name events, tracks and projects
  • Allen Morgan demo song now available on iPad Mini as well
  • Latest Audiobus SDK update

SOLVED ISSUES
CB-1211 Micrologue’s mod wheel position will now be saved with the project.
CB-1252 Fixed a rare phenomenon where Cubasis stucked in the launch screen.
CB-1298 Zooming on huge MIDI events no longer render Cubasis unreliable.
CB-1227 The knob movement behaviour for Micrologue has been optimised.
CB-1269 Solves an issue where working with a larger amount of tracks could lead to a misplacement of the effect popup in the mixer.
CB-1273 Copy and paste of MIDI notes in the editor now works as expected.
CB-1302 Pitch wheel movements of Microsonic during playback will no longer be ignored.
CB.1315 Fixes a rare phenomenon where stuttering occured when the cursor jumped from end to start position in cycle mode.
CB-1254 Dragging instruments or presets from the Mediabay onto a track now work as expected.
CB-1281 Solves a rare problem where importing a MIDI file rendered Cubasis unreliable.
CB-1277 The key editor scaling has been corrected for all Allen Morgan Signature drum kits.
CB-1297 Changes of audio events in cycle mode will now be played back correctly.

KNOWN ISSUES

Good work, thanks :smiley:

With Cubasis in the AudioBus input slot will we be able to select the desired track for output through effects and record back into Cubasis in the output slot. As Auria allows. Apply an external effect to one track while hearing the entire mix.

YES!!!

Stephen

OMG! Gotta change my shorts! :smiley:
Yay! Matrix routing next please!

1. Have a lookie here:
    Top 30 Devices and Interfaces for iPad Audio | Envato Tuts+
  2. Hmmm, would love MIDI automation :wink:
  3. Very sexy :slight_smile:

--------- Don’t forget these interfaces from Focusrite!

And Presonus VSL Series

Does anybody have any experience with the Focusrite 2i4 with an iPad/Cubasis?

…mmm wonderful… and the ANDROID version… :question:

I just updated the feature list at the top!

WOW, it’s good to be live again. Looking forward to 1.6 :smiley:

No mention of 1.6 fixing the wet effects leaking through when you move a slider to infinity!

No automation…

No additional effects…

I’m sure the new audio engine will make a HUGE difference…looking forward to this.

…I’m sure it will be a long awaited update for some.

Automation in 1.7?

Automation is the next big chunk we are going to tackle! :mrgreen:

:slight_smile:

Please use a method similar to or better than Auria’s method (Control points and lines) rather than Meteor’s crappy drawing/ruler method. Please do automation right!

Automation is long overdue so great that it is planned soon. Heck, even my Dr.T KCS sequencer on the Amiga in the 1980s could record and play back midi control data!

Getting this and sidechain will make this app perfect for me! :smiling_imp:

The update is available now!

wow, cool=)

→ pls allow us to solo & mute freeze tracks… thx=)

greets@all