HSO status

Agree, it is very hard to recommend HSO.
It does not have the support it needs. There are other libraries that I am looking into, taking in a sound compromise over support and longevity of use. As it is, it is a huge “diss”. Blatant at that.

Hi,

Any chance we will see Halion Symphonic Orchestra 2 released in the near future ?

Now that Halion 5 and HS2 are here, it would be great to see HSO2 released

Come on Steinberg/YAMAHA … Give us HSO2 !

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Hi,

Why is Steinberg/Yamaha not working on HSO 2 ???

As a (classical) composer, I use HSO (and Halion Player - Choir Aah) frequently.
I would love to see Steinberg announce HSO 2 (with more content).

KO

I’ve been steering another user here clear of HSO, as there is no potential for development without a new release. As always Steinberg is being very hush hush about this. Apparently the only acoustic sample library they give a d*** about is Groove Agent.

Just look at how many posts I have on this topic, and not a single blink, or feedback from Steinberg to comfort us that they are working on HSO-2 and we will eventually have it in the near future.

I wonder why Steinberg does not reply, or provide any feedback on this.

ATTENTION STEINBERG : Can you please give us some feedback on HSO Status ? will you release HSO-2 in the near future ?

so, here I go again, asking the same question.

imho. if they decided to stop developing it, then fine, just say so. If HSO-2 is in development, then just confirm it, I will happily wait for HSO-2 to be released, and not bother posting anymore :slight_smile:

OH… and this post has as of today 8779 views, and counting … with no response from our friends at Steinberg. :open_mouth:

The last official news regarding HSO in the Steinberg website are from August 12, 2013:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/archive/2013/08/12/article/support-for-certain-products-discontinued-2485.html

So we now know that HSO is “officially” an old app. Maybe Steinberg could comment about the future.

Great, we are now in the “legacy” forum. That speaks for itself.

Anyone got any time to sample every note/velocity/articulation from HSO and sample it back into Halion and make it work properly? You know, like I thought Steinberg was gonna do?

I’ll pay you :wink:

Hello Steinberg,

Now that HSO is officially a legacy product, are you planning to release HSO2 ? All I would like to hear is Yes or No :unamused:

Please, some feedback will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Wow !

9000 Views and still NO feedback from Steinberg ? :unamused:

it looks as if most of DAW users using orchestral sample libraries for kontakt anyway, maybe steinberg feel they not gonna get much profit from investing time and money for new HSO2 from scratch ?

but again if they remain silent maybe they are planing something under the hood ?
mmmm…speculations are great isn’t it ? :nerd:

i too just thought of getting HSO 16bit for 100$ that comes with C6, but it indeed looks too old now and not supported so i give it up for now…

The fact that Steinberg is completely mute and has not responded with any feedback on this topic, makes me think they are up to something very interesting. My Guess is they want to surprise, and delight us with HSO2 , but for now it looks like they don’t want to spill any beans about it. Which I really don’t mind. As long as we see HSO2 this year :smiley:

Well… Unless they have decided not to delight, and excite us with HSO2, then I will be … :cry:

We shall see what unfolds in the next couple of months.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

It makes me wonder what Steinberg is seeing in the virtual drum market that it is so urgent about GA4. I would think the virtual drum world would be more saturated than something like this. Because most of the orchestral libraries out there are horrendously expensive and anyone wanting a cheap solution (besides Philharmonik) is basically out of luck. Looks to be a nice little niche to me.

Also kontakt has no note expration ,so at least cubase users can benefit from hso2 on price and controll.

I should retract my HSO sample statement.

Actually all I had to do was drag and drop the old HSO .hsb files into the Halion Browser.

Now it’s just a matter of tagging/cataloguing the sounds. As far as I can see the articulations made the jump.

The velocity mapping is a bit weird, does not run as smooth as HSO, I don’t think it would work for performing as notes cut off, legatos aren’t smooth… but the sounds (1000s of them 16 and 32 bit) are there, from here its just a matter of patience in creating the layered orchestral sets I want, and possible redesigning it into VST expression patches.

Hi,

Any hopes we will see HSO-2 soon (24-bit), new, more, and better quality content ?

Would be nice to hear something from Steinberg about this :unamused:

Thanks,
Muziksculp

With the notation and expression advances, I have no doubt for a proprietary solution coming up.

I am wondering about implementation. Standalone VST, or integrated with HALion?

I’m not too sure how I feel about stuffing every single musical instrument of my life inside the HALion shell. That’s what I have against NI. It’s nice to feel like you are using a particular program, an individual piece. It’s a lot more inspiring than using the exact same control set/GUI black and blue, technical workflow of H5. I do not want to be scientific when writing a little brass section.

Hso2 with all the goodness would be ahmazing!

Yes… But so far it doesn’t exist, and we have no clue if it will ever exist :unamused:

I think that the GA4 is more of a product supplement for a more complete package in the “Cubase” market. The way the market have become systemized (iOS, OSX, Windows/RT, Android, etc.), I think people, in general, have become more all-in-one oriented. Therefore I believe Steinberg is preparing a more “complete” line-up for people.